Winterization - 2013 GTR 215

Hey all,

Ive had the misfortune of the Air Force moving me from beautiful, sunny Destin, FL to Clovis, New Mexico. I called the local RV and Marine shop and said all they do to winterize a jet ski is run anti-freeze through the engine of my sea doo. A big WTF flag rose in my head, because I believe in Florida they fogged the engine with oil, disconnected the battery, and put fuel stabilizer in.

I have a buddy that's very mechanically inclined. I was wondering what I should do? We get freezing temps but its in the garage where it doesn't get quite as cold but probably below 32 at times and the earliest I will be able to ride again is July or August of 2015 with deployments, etc.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Ryan

+1
    You need to properly winterize your ski. This includes the stuff they did in Florida, but also includes checking the pump for water leakage. If it's possible that the temp will drop to freezing or lower, you need to clear your intercooler of water by blowing it out with air compressed at 55 PSI. We'll be releasing a video soon that describes all of the above in the next month or so, but not soon enough for you unfortunately. We've just released a video on performing a coolant flush (on a 2012 GTR 215), which you should do next year. Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SolMan View Post
    Hey all,

Ive had the misfortune of the Air Force moving me from beautiful, sunny Destin, FL to Clovis, New Mexico. I called the local RV and Marine shop and said all they do to winterize a jet ski is run anti-freeze through the engine of my sea doo. A big WTF flag rose in my head, because I believe in Florida they fogged the engine with oil, disconnected the battery, and put fuel stabilizer in.

I have a buddy that's very mechanically inclined. I was wondering what I should do? We get freezing temps but its in the garage where it doesn't get quite as cold but probably below 32 at times and the earliest I will be able to ride again is July or August of 2015 with deployments, etc.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Ryan
    The manual should cover all winterization information.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ftDeep View Post
    you need to clear your intercooler of water by blowing it out with air compressed at 55 PSI.

Did they change this on newer models? My manual says 100psi.

Thread Information