Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RF DESS install on 13 RXP

The parts are now available for the 2015 sea doo's. I was wondering if anyone knows if you could do a swap for the new RF DESS post and just plug and play for the conversion? I am sure BUDS will have to be used to install the new key but does anyone know or willing to try? Thanks

+1
    Great question, I have asked about this before with no answers. Hopefully someone will have the answer

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Looking for "TINY" to chime in.....

It does seem to work on the older Bosch ECU's... I connected a RF dess post to a 2012 ECU last week and it seem to work fine. It's wired the same (wire color) but has an extra wire that needs a switched 12v. So it is not plug and play... You would also need the plug from the wiring harness to plug into the new dess post, it has no wiring coming out of it, just a plug...

We are adding support to CanDoo to program the keys from the vehicle, which is needed to program the RF keys, we should have this released in a week or so...

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDooPro - Dennis View Post
    It does seem to work on the older Bosch ECU's... I connected a RF dess post to a 2012 ECU last week and it seem to work fine. It's wired the same (wire color) but has an extra wire that needs a switched 12v. So it is not plug and play...

We are adding support to CanDoo to program the keys from the vehicle, which is needed to program the RF keys, we should have this released in a week or so...
    Dennis, so the extra wire goes to a switched 12v source?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy6group View Post
    The parts are now available for the 2015 sea doo's.
    Where? I haven't found any online resources.

It does seem to work on the older Bosch ECU's... I connected a RF dess post to a 2012 ECU last week and it seem to work fine. It's wired the same (wire color) but has an extra wire that needs a switched 12v. So it is not plug and play... You would also need the plug from the wiring harness to plug into the new dess post, it has no wiring coming out of it, just a plug...
    This would be great news! I would love to finally eliminate the 50/50 "Reading Key..." once and for all!!!

Does the new RF-DESS post have 4 wires instead of the normal 3? If yes, then the 4th wire from RF-DESS needs switched +12V? If yes, then all we need to do is splice the old 3-wire molex into new RF-DESS and on the 4th post wire, use a single weather-pak connector.

ps. Good job CanDoo folks

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    It does seem to work on the older Bosch ECU's... I connected a RF dess post to a 2012 ECU last week and it seem to work fine. It's wired the same (wire color) but has an extra wire that needs a switched 12v. So it is not plug and play...

Dennis, so the extra wire goes to a switched 12v source?

It has 4 pins...

I Don't know the plug type, being on bench top, I found some connectors to slide over the pins...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rfdesspost.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	347294

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy6group View Post
    The parts are now available for the 2015 sea doo's.
    Where? I haven't found any online resources.

This would be great news! I would love to finally eliminate the 50/50 "Reading Key..." once and for all!!!

Does the new RF-DESS post have 4 wires instead of the normal 3? If yes, then the 4th wire from RF-DESS needs switched +12V? If yes, then all we need to do is splice the old 3-wire molex into new RF-DESS and on the 4th post wire, use a single weather-pak connector.

+1
    Of my...that is VERY different. That may be a BRP part but not from a PWC.

What do you mean? Same part is used in 2015 SkiDoo and 2015 SeaDoo...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Of my...that is VERY different. That may be a BRP part but not from a PWC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information