i think i have an addiction problem-i just cant stop buying pwc

I started out buying pwc 2 years ago and now I have rebuilt and plan on keeping them all
    here is the inventory as my girlfriend puts it
    2003 xlt1200 rebuilt with 8 hours ride time
    1995 seadoo speedster rebuilt from groundup with custom corvette torch red paint
    2002 gp1200r rebuilding now
    im getting a 2005 seadoo rxt this coming weekend that has a rod knocking going to fix it and keep it to

called mid-west trailers and they told me on the phone they could bend all the metal for a trailer to carry my speedster at the end with 3 or 4 skis up front.
    and I work at a galvanizing plant so I can galvanize the whole trailer at work for hardly nothing owner wants a case of beer.
    I live in missouri
    I have a 4x4 truck how long can I make this trailer mid-west wants me to fax the size but forgot to ask what the limit was on a bumper pull trailer 40'?
    and maximum width
    if im going to do it I might as well build the maximum right anybody know?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by killer454 View Post
    what the limit was on a bumper pull trailer 40'?
    and maximum width
    You are going to pull a 40FT trailer on a bumper?

You need a frame mounted Class III/IV!

Max width is 8FT (OD wheel/tire)

FWIW: I have a friend that has a similar problem. He likes to surround himself with a bunch of (at best) average older skis instead of 1 or 2 really nice newer skis.He is always having work done on them. IMO: Old skis aren't like old muscle cars. Old skis are plain and simple OLD. There is maybe 2 old skis that are the exception to that rule. Trust me, I've owned new skis since early 90's and have moved up the food chain so I know what they were like. I'm willing to predict the 2005 RXT will begin this turning of event...

3. +1 by:

+1
    There a few old skis that if $ is not an object ... each rider should own @ sometime; Kawi 150 Ultra, See Doo EXP, Yamaha Gp1200R, Polaris MSX & Polaris Octane !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    There a few old skis that if $ is not an object ... each rider should own @ sometime; Kawi 150 Ultra, See Doo EXP, Yamaha Gp1200R, Polaris MSX & Polaris Octane !
    I guess it depends on ones expectation. I owned an Octane for 3 hours. Fast ski if you don't mind not carving.

My list for the "must-have" old stuff is like this: 96XP/97-99 SPX (X4's). '96 Blaster. '99-'03 XPL. Any SuperJet as long as you dump +$2.5K in upgrades.

+1
    Good old skis are fun and simple. Once you get them up to par and maintaine them they are Solid, fun, cheap skis.

I kinda giggle at the guys with 15k skis. Yes they are faster but we're having just as much fun and I have $10K plus in my pocket.
    I've got an xlt 1200 I put 125hrs on this season. I changed the plugs & fuel filter mid season. It does mid 60s and is bulletproof. No SC, electric nonsense, or fragile hull.
    Also have a 96 Blaster2. Great holeshot, easy, cheap fun ski for the marsh, friends etc.
    And an x2 stand up.
    Variety is fun.

..in 1.4yrs I've bought 4 skis. Very addicting indeed.

.. The ~7k I saved over a new ski has afforded me multiple skis, fuel, docking, and a snowmobile

Thread Information