Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GP1300r 03 HELP, cluster / speedo problems fauly code 48

Hey guys.
    i have a gp1300r 03,
    i just rebuilt the motor installed everything. And when I start the ski the dash cluster lights up with warning light and buzzer and low fuel level (fuel is full oil is full) no rpm at all and speedo reads 0 all the time. I tried to check fault code and I got 48.
    iv tried unplugging every wire and cleaning and plugging it back in still no luck has anyone ever had this problem before?

+1
    48 means incorrect data transition. Sounds to me like you do not have everything plugged back in correctly or a incomplete connection some where up front.

Yeah I thought that I unplugged every wire Cleaned and plug back in still not any better. Is there a way to test the issue? I mean if u had a fuel guage wire un plugged I bet u would still get rpm?
    what plug carries the data for the rpm and to make the guage function properly.

Surly some one has had this problem before?

+1
    I guess if i was having this issue i would start unplugging the display completely and taking the wires out of that plastic coil bundle so when you plug them back into each other you can color code the wires with the plugs when plugging them back together. also make sure you didn't damage the wire harness wile pulling and replacing the motor. make sure the wire harness running under the motor isn't pinched under a motor mount or something.

Iv checked that it's not pinched on the motor. looks good. The harness is pretty straight no cuts in it. When u say the plastic bundel what are you meaning? I have another gp1300 now I'm going to swap displays and see if I still get the same error. It's driving me insane. I'm confused as to where it gets the data from. If I have no rpm what connector is responsible for that? I think that, that plug is the one scrabling data

+1
    It gets its data from the control module located in the very front of the ski just under the nose compartment lid. the plastic coil i am referring to is under the display and is wrapped around all the wire connections. i usually pull it completely off so i can get to all the connections. it just keeps the wires all pulled together in a neat bundle.

Just an update for anyone else having the problem. I removed the cluster and 4 wires were chewed out looks like mice ate them! Soldered them up and it's all working again thank you every one.

i still have one problem. Check engine light and warning is on. Ski runs just fine iv put 8 hours on it like that. What causes check engine light?

hold the button down again and see what fault code you get. 01 is all systems good, anything else there is an issue.

+1
    probably more chewed wires at temp sensor and cat sensor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information