Possibly buying a new 2014 RXPX260 that's on sale

Hello everyone, a dealer in my area has a couple 2014 RXPX260's on sale for about $2200 bucks off retail and were going up to look at it this coming up weekend with the intent to buy. Is there anything you guys can think off that I should ask the dealer to check before I pull the trigger. A friend of mine bought a 2014 GTI 130 and the first thing I noticed was that the steering was off slightly to the left and it was a bit of a hassle for him to get it adjusted, also I've read about the engine sometimes not being lined up with the pump and was curious if this is something anyone else has ever asked a dealer to check before buying. Anyways! pretty stoked about buying, because I like the black and red 2014's much better than the 2015 Yellow RXP's.

+1
    Just make sure they don't add-on the "dealer prep" crap. Ski, tax & tag/title...nothing else. Do that with $2200 off and you are getting a good deal.

For every story you read on the forum about engine alignment issue, there are 100's of other "no problem" you never read about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Just make sure they don't add-on the "dealer prep" crap. Ski, tax & tag/title...nothing else. Do that with $2200 off and you are getting a good deal.

For every story you read on the forum about engine alignment issue, there are 100's of other "no problem" you never read about.
    I was shopping for a leftover RXTX and the dealer wanted $450 to uncrate and dispose of crate trash and $450 to program the MPEM. You know what I told him he could do with that.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

+1
    just bought a 14 rxpx same colors and my dealer said they are actually going to offer the red and black as an option in 15 along with the highlighter yellow

+1
    I think seadoo will take a hit with those bizarre colors. The 14's look so much better across the board.

+1
    I looked for a 2013 RXT-X 260 specifically for the Dayglo Yellow color....
    found a leftover '13 at a dealer in north Jersey this past July, I couldn't be happier!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-14 10.28.59.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	347592

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineBoy View Post
    Hello everyone, a dealer in my area has a couple 2014 RXPX260's on sale for about $2200 bucks off retail and were going up to look at it this coming up weekend with the intent to buy. Is there anything you guys can think off that I should ask the dealer to check before I pull the trigger. A friend of mine bought a 2014 GTI 130 and the first thing I noticed was that the steering was off slightly to the left and it was a bit of a hassle for him to get it adjusted, also I've read about the engine sometimes not being lined up with the pump and was curious if this is something anyone else has ever asked a dealer to check before buying. Anyways! pretty stoked about buying, because I like the black and red 2014's much better than the 2015 Yellow RXP's.
    If I was to purchase a brand new ski I would make very clear that I expect the steering to be aligned correctly. This is an issue that is way too common with brand new skis and I really don't understand why.

Thread Information