Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2015 FZS clutch blown up at 11 hours

Hi everybody,
    I bought 2 months ago a 2015 FZS yamaha from Jet Ski of Miami who shipped it to me on the island of Curacao.
    i only have 11 hours on that jet.
    Yesterday i went out in the sea which was choppy and suddenly i noticed a loss of power and strange noise from the engine.
    I immediately pulled it out of the water , went home and when i flushed the engine i could clearly hear a rattling noise like a damaged bearing.
    After lots of hours on internet and specially on this forum i could diagnose that my clutch blew up.
    I immediately called Jet Ski of Miami but they refuses to help me or to give me the garantee , even not new parts. I have been screwed by them and i thought that they would give me a guarantee at least for parts even so i pay myself for the repairs.
    The other problem is that i hear that i cannot get parts for that 2015 FZS yet ?. Does someone know if it is true and where i can find a new clutch assy for my jet?.
    thank you for your help.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    There are a few on classified section and ebay

4. +1 by:

The ski has factory warranty for 1 year. They aren't going to give you parts. It would have to go through warranty repairs. And it can't unless you have a yamaha dealer in your area. 2015 parts are available.

+1
    I went Curaçao on a cruise this summer. You make me very Jealous living there!!! Beautiful place!!!!

+1
    If you have warranty Yamaha should fix it no questions ask..........Good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Islet View Post
    The other problem is that i hear that i cannot get parts for that 2015 FZS yet ?. Does someone know if it is true and where i can find a new clutch assy for my jet?.
    thank you for your help.
    this forums store sells the clutch you need. Click this link
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2747

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Islet View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I bought 2 months ago a 2015 FZS yamaha from Jet Ski of Miami who shipped it to me on the island of Curacao.
    i only have 11 hours on that jet.
    Yesterday i went out in the sea which was choppy and suddenly i noticed a loss of power and strange noise from the engine.
    I immediately pulled it out of the water , went home and when i flushed the engine i could clearly hear a rattling noise like a damaged bearing.
    After lots of hours on internet and specially on this forum i could diagnose that my clutch blew up.
    I immediately called Jet Ski of Miami but they refuses to help me or to give me the garantee , even not new parts. I have been screwed by them and i thought that they would give me a guarantee at least for parts even so i pay myself for the repairs.
    thank you for your help.
    Maybe if you can give us some more information about your problem, it may not be the clutch that failed. Your supercharger wheel should spin by hand in one direction only. Access the wheel by removing the air intake on front of the supercharger, put your finger in the intake and try to turn the impeller. It should turn one direction only. Be careful. Those blades are sharp and could cut your finger. If the impeller will turn both directions, then yes, the clutch is gone out. Otherwise, you may have a hose that has come loose.

10. +1 by:

Yes beautiful place but it is where you can really see if your jet is solid as our sea is pretty rough.

i have checked all hoses , everything is ok. But i can freely turn the clutch wheel both directions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information