Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CandooPro GPS Speedometer on VXS didn't work

Just curious if anybody has used this product on their VXS/VXR with success? I got two of these for both my VXS' and they didn't work. I called the folks at CandooPro and apparently there is an issue with the VXS/VXR. They seem like good folks over there but I was curious if anyone else with a VXS/VXR tried the product with success. I'm sending these units back for a refund but I truly hope they can make one that works on my skies because those speedo wheels SUCK!

whats the issue?

when I power up the ski it flashes up 50 the random numbers like 4 then 50 then 6 then 50 then 36 and so on. It never read the speed at all when I went on the lake. It does it on both skies so it's not the ski. The guy at Candoopro said it sounds like a power problem with that model of ski (VXS/VXR). I guess I'm the lucky guy to find out that it doesn't work on those (my) skies. He also said it works great on the FZ without issue.

+1
    mine works intermittently, will show 50 and i will let it power down, restart it and it work just fine after that, sometimes just shows odd speeds, then starts to show dead nuts on. im just happy it works most the time. BTW my whole vxs drivetrain is in a 2004 GPR hull, truly the best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    mine works intermittently, will show 50 and i will let it power down, restart it and it work just fine after that, sometimes just shows odd speeds, then starts to show dead nuts on. im just happy it works most the time. BTW my whole vxs drivetrain is in a 2004 GPR hull, truly the best of both worlds
    Well, I'd be happy with that but I'm gettin useless readings out of the things so back they go I guess. Bummer.

+1
    Same with my 2013 Vxr. Something about voltage fluctuations trying to shut it off. I think the fix is to hard wire it to battery and use speedo wire. Winter here. Hope they get it fixed cause it can be nice when it works.

happy holidays.

+1
    Has anyone purchased & used one a two stroke yet/ I have a 2008 Yamaha GPR, am about to take the plunge .... thought it might replace my hand-held GPS ????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I guess I'm the lucky guy to find out that it doesn't work on those (my) skies. He also said it works great on the FZ without issue.
    How does it work on the FZ when the FZ only has analog gauges?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    I guess I'm the lucky guy to find out that it doesn't work on those (my) skies. He also said it works great on the FZ without issue.
    ive got the autometer unit in my other gprsho with the fz gauge and it works fine except it tends to lose signal when turning hard or in the twisties

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    ive got the autometer unit in my other gprsho with the fz gauge and it works fine except it tends to lose signal when turning hard or in the twisties
    Autometer unit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information