Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Impeller is toast

Looks like I'll be buying a new impeller now....
    I sucked up some rocks (Im in the desert) after fishtailing and stalling right over a shallow spot. I get it home and I had to dig out 5 rocks from the pump assembly. I can see that the impeller blades were scratched up pretty good and the leading edges of the blades are dinged up. Then I see a slight wave (bend) in one of the tips of a blade. Not a huge bend, but enough to see light reflecting on it differently than it should.

So anyway, the RXP now has trouble accelerating like it should and it has some decent vibration, as if something was stuck around the driveshaft or such. It eventually gets into 50-60mph after several seconds with vibrations.
    **My question is, do yall think my problem STOPS at the impeller, or could anything else be needing some attention in regards to what I did to it? I had to limp it in at less than 5mp for an hour! Im just hoping my damage isnt anything more than the impeller itself.

Thanks for any added knowledge on this...
    sean

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Stop riding till you replace the prop and wear ring. You should be good to go after that. All tha vibration can lead to bigger problems if you keep riding (carbon seal and motor mount to name a few).

Yeah I only rode it today for literally 3-5minutes since pulling the rocks out of the pump. When I damaged it, i was only about to do no more than 5mph...so today was a test run, minus the stuck rocks
    I was affraid of that vibration too.

But along with this problem, I gotta decide what pitch to go with for a stock rxp with the basic mods to come in the future.

+1
    Take it out grind the edges, rebend the blades, try to get them pretty even and run it check RPM. Unless you were wanting a new impeller.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I wouldn't try to fix it. It'll never be the same. You can find an oem prop on here for about $50.

Yes, I am interested in a new impeller for better performance anyway...so not a big loss really. Just wanted tomake sure that my symptoms didn't indicate anything more than a bad impeller.

Now, will a 15/20R impeller be okay for an otherwise stock RXP, or will it only work well with power upgrades?

I plan to do exhaust mods at the very least. Not sure about changing the SC impeller and getting injectors though.

thanks!

14/19r is the ticket for stock to mildly modified. you wont be able to turn a 15/20r past 7400 rpms on a stock ski

I just so happen to have a Solas 14-19R that is perfect for your setup on your RXP.

Look in the classified section or shoot me a PM if interested.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    with very few other mods, and 2mm taken out of a 15/19 you can turn it with a ~stg 1.

see my mods in my sig....really the only mods are the 4inch intake and Riva grate (that effect the impeller/engine output)

the exhaust isn't necessary, i just like the sound.

If you need a stock impeller. I have 2. I will sell one for $40

Peter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information