Rare Kawasaki XiR hull

My understanding from a very reliable source is that 500 of these were produced according to IJSBA rules back in 1994.

240 were sold to the public. 250 were given to closed course racers. 9 went to Kawi execs and one is still preserved in a warehouse property of Kawasaki.

It is unknown how many have survived of those that were bought and/or raced 20 years ago

Someone bought this on CL not knowing what it was and spray bombed it prior to my acquisition of it. It is currently a complete hull minus power train.

Looking to sell or trade for best offer. It is hard to put a value on it as it needs paint, turf, seat cover etc. Only hull I know of sold for $1000 bare.

Please do not post to criticize the spray bombing of the ski. I cannot control what was done to it. I am trying to rescue it and find someone to give it a new life. It deserves to be rebuilt. Excellent 1100 candidate.

Located on CT shore. Again, Hull itself is complete minus power train although some things are missing in the pictures.

Questions- Pm or text me 203 747 4712.

+1
    Nice find. All I think about when reading XiR is John Stevens dominating R7 and Minoru Kanamori (Pro Mod) back in the factory days.

If someone didn't want to restore to original, plop a 1100 in this and surprise many.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Nice find. All I think about when reading XiR is John Stevens dominating R7 and Minoru Kanamori (Pro Mod) back in the factory days.

If someone didn't want to restore to original, plop a 1100 in this and surprise many.
    I've heard it's a very fun hull w an 1100. I even have an 1100 swap here but I just can't take on another project.

i still have one, this is a factory built one, but there was I think a fiberworks ones built without the rear floatation box which were the ones to get

+1
    Interesting, never heard of or seen one these. What engine did these come with stock, 700cc?

750 big pin twin carb. Was built for runabout open class before all the 800s came along.

No takers eh? Be sad to see this ole girl get junked. I simply don't have space for it here and don't want to bother transporting it and storing it.

I have a really nice xir and hope someone bring it back to life. Fun machine to ride.

Thread Information