Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: polishing ski

polishing ski

Want to keep the top half of my ski nice and shiny, has anyone had expierience in doing this. Is it safe to use auto products? i was told you can use marine or auto products, but im not sure what to believe.

I get the water spots off with windex, and then use auto wax after EVERY ride. No problems whatsoever. I use a wax called Liquid glass. I have been using it forever and find it does a nice job on my cars and RXP.

Do yourself a favor and get some white vinegar. I take a towel, get it wet and then pour some vinegar on the towel, and tough water spots are very quick to take care of.......

Thumbs up

In the past I have had a LOT of trouble removing hard water spots.Vinegar,Windex,nothing would get them off.On a whim one day I grabbed a spray bottle from under the sink.It was Easy Off Bam Lime & Grime Remover.It works like a champ!!

I use 3M Marine Cleaner wax, cleans and waxes one step. I've used both car wax and marine wax. I like the 3M more. 12 bucks wal-mart. Theres a big difference between car waxes and marine waxes i read about it in trailer boats magazine i dont remember what they said exactly because i read it about 3 years ago but they make it clear that it wasnt good to use car waxes on boats. Something dealing with the differences between clear coats and gel coats. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    I use 3M Marine Cleaner wax, cleans and waxes one step. I've used both car wax and marine wax. I like the 3M more. 12 bucks wal-mart. Theres a big difference between car waxes and marine waxes i read about it in trailer boats magazine i dont remember what they said exactly because i read it about 3 years ago but they make it clear that it wasnt good to use car waxes on boats. Something dealing with the differences between clear coats and gel coats. Just my 2 cents.
    I will say this much, even after waxing the water spots are hard to remove. Maybe the Marine wax helps along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get some white vinegar. I take a towel, get it wet and then pour some vinegar on the towel, and tough water spots are very quick to take care of.......
    Douche the ski hmmm good idea!

I dont want to make you any promises but get the water spots off as good as possible then wax the crap out of it with the 3M 2 or 3 coats. It will make the water spots come off a hell of a lot easier later on at least they did for me. You cant go wrong steve hit up the little marine section by ure wal-mart shouldnt be more then 12 bucks. Plus you know its made for the conditions your ski is in. AND with the size of our skis the bottle should last you 2 or 3 years easy. I also suggest meguires marine gel wash. I use it on my ski boat and my jet ski everything comes right off.

Cool. I will try it out.

I use Maguire`s flagship series Polish, wax, and boat wash gel! awesome stuff...

try and stay away from quick detailing spray`s that have silicones and oils!!! it will run off and stain your driveway for weeks ...

a shop that worked on my ski used some kind of ATV quick detailer after a ****-y wash job, so when I got it home there was so much grit and shop dirt that I washed it myself and realized that whatever they put on the hull came off on the driveway, NICE ...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information