+1

Extending an Exhaust Sensor from a spark or eliminating it.

Guys, I am looking for some advice on extending the wiring for the sensor that goes in the exhaust. Couple of questions..I see a lot of you guys running straight exhaust systems or high flow exhausts on these skis and other models as well. What did you do with the sensor that goes in the expansion chamber/water box? Relocate? Eliminate etc? And if so where did you put it on some of the home made rigs I have seen? If its eliminated does it not send of alarms or codes?

If I need to adapt it into another exhaust system ( fiberglass one) I was planning on just drilling a hole and putting the stock parts back in the top of it and seal it up. However I would need to add about 2' of additional wiring to it. Seems to have two small (brown) if I rememeber wires running out of the harness on the exhaust part to the harness on the engine. Can this be cut and extended? Anything I should worry about or just match up the wiring and it should still send the info as if its still stock? Any info or guidance would be appreciated.

+1
    Leave it plugged it and tie it up somewhere. Its kind of useless once it throws an alarm its to late and your exhaust is already melted.

+1
    beerdart. thanks for the reply. I was not sure if it was was something that was needed or not. So its really a failsafe alarm rather than a constant monitor of exhaust gases or output?

So I can just plug it in to its harness (male/female) part and tie it up without causing it to think something is wrong? Thats and easy fix

+1
    Correct.

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbryzek View Post
    Guys, I am looking for some advice on extending the wiring for the sensor that goes in the exhaust. Couple of questions..I see a lot of you guys running straight exhaust systems or high flow exhausts on these skis and other models as well. What did you do with the sensor that goes in the expansion chamber/water box? Relocate? Eliminate etc? And if so where did you put it on some of the home made rigs I have seen? If its eliminated does it not send of alarms or codes?

If I need to adapt it into another exhaust system ( fiberglass one) I was planning on just drilling a hole and putting the stock parts back in the top of it and seal it up. However I would need to add about 2' of additional wiring to it. Seems to have two small (brown) if I rememeber wires running out of the harness on the exhaust part to the harness on the engine. Can this be cut and extended? Anything I should worry about or just match up the wiring and it should still send the info as if its still stock? Any info or guidance would be appreciated.
    I had mine tied up for a while as beerdart says when I went Turbo. But I eventually plumbed it into the exhaust after the water comes back into the pipe. It was too far back for the stock loom to reach so I added some length. So no problems if you do want to keep it in the exhaust. Just extend the wires and you will be OK.

6. +1 by:

+1
    That sensor has saved my ass more than once. I'll never get rid of it

+1

If the connector for the sensor is the same as 07 RXP I can help you build extension without cutting wires. In fact I may have connectors somewhere on my desk. If not I can tell you where to get them or even bould the extension for you if you pay for the parts and shipping only /labor will be free /

let me know if you are interested

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post

If the connector for the sensor is the same as 07 RXP I can help you build extension without cutting wires. In fact I may have connectors somewhere on my desk. If not I can tell you where to get them or even bould the extension for you if you pay for the parts and shipping only /labor will be free /

let me know if you are interested
    thanks for that great offer. Let me see what we end up doing and if needed I will take you up on that offer. thanks

Thread Information