Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2011 Seadoo GTI - B2200 GPS Lost

Hello guys,

Sometimes when the sea is rough and I jump on the waves, the speed on the cluster increases suddenly until reaching an absurd number. Thereby accelerating violently cutting as if there were a clamp which regulated speed.
    Using Candoo, I saw that the following code is in the history: B2200 "GPS Lost".

I thought I had contact issues on the electrical harness but I finally wonder if there is not a problem with the GPS sensor.
    Any ideas?
    I do not know if there is a GPS sensor or if it is integrated into the cluster.

thanks

+1
    Help!!!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    if you check the parts diagrams you will not find a separate gps module ) I didn't), looks like it's built into the cluster, but there is a gps override module listed for that model year as aftermarket. What is it reading when the ski is sitting on the trailer?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    if you check the parts diagrams you will not find a separate gps module ) I didn't), looks like it's built into the cluster, but there is a gps override module listed for that model year as aftermarket. What is it reading when the ski is sitting on the trailer?
    Thanks for your help
    Yes, I haven't found a GPS module. The GPS override module seems to work only on 260hp skis. When my seadoo is on the trailer, there is not error codes but in the message history, the code B2200 appears.

+1
    Mine does the same. Only in chop - could be going any speed and it will quickly flash something like 69 mph (impossible) and then cut the throttle to idle.

This can be dangerous, as usually in those conditions, I'm standing and the throttle gets unexpectedly cut and I lurch forward almost hitting the handlebars.

I believe it to be some "governor" or safety cutoff in the computer that is supposed to prevent the PWC from exceeding a certain speed. Once the computer gets that incorrect information, the throttle is cut.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Mine does the same. Only in chop - could be going any speed and it will quickly flash something like 69 mph (impossible) and then cut the throttle to idle.

This can be dangerous, as usually in those conditions, I'm standing and the throttle gets unexpectedly cut and I lurch forward almost hitting the handlebars.

I believe it to be some "governor" or safety cutoff in the computer that is supposed to prevent the PWC from exceeding a certain speed. Once the computer gets that incorrect information, the throttle is cut.
    Hello Pal,
    Yes I have exactly the same problem. I think that it is that incorrect information which cut the throttle.
    I don't know how can I solve this issue.

+1
    a vtech ecu flash will eliminate any gps or speed governors

Banned User
    +1
    If you are riding in really big waves, the GPS signal could be being blocked by the waves themselves.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    If you are riding in really big waves, the GPS signal could be being blocked by the waves themselves.
    B.S.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    B.S.

I have read that a lot of GPS receivers will not work through water. I know that with the Candoo unit I bought they state not to mount it under the seat, because when the seat gets water in the foam it cant pick up the GPS signal. If you are down in between 2 really big waves I could see that happening. Would probably have to be 10 foot plus waves though.

How about contributing a thought thats more than just 2 letters?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information