+1

Ace 900 Motor Cold Air Intake mod suggestions

Ok guys, So i have been working on a side project for the past few months to change a current jet tender that we manufacture using a weber motor to using the new Ace 900 motor. All our molds are done, hull and deck are out and we are mocking everything up to see how it will fit so far so good however I am running into some air intake problems. The stock box is long gone for the sea doo to save room and the new configuration has the new EPA compliant aluminum fuel tank just in front of the engine. I am looking for ideas on what or how to run the cool air intake. I would like to just stick a flat k and N style filter on the end if possible but not sure what to do about the monitor tube that runs infront of the throttle body assembly. Looks like an 02 sensor or some sort. You can see we dont have a lot of room in front of the engine to work with but do have some off to the outside of the engine free and clear. Any suggestions, ideas? Not sure what to do with the intake sensor tube. Adapt it into a new filter? These photos are from the mock up with the engine and fuel tank in with a wooden bracket set in place as a template to mount to. All the electrical will be mounted to the console at some point but this was to get an understanding of what kind of room we have. Nothing is final except the tank and the wood is just there for mounting at this point.

You can see from the photos how whats left of the intake "connector hose" that goes into the throttle body is going to interfere or have to be bent to stay in place. And that's without a filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB030050.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	347739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB030051.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	347740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB030039.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	347741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB030040.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	347742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine Mounted.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	347743  

This is the 4tec board, you're better off posting on the Spark board.

Are you asking about the crankcase vent hose? If yes then I would readapt it into the air intake.
    The Spark doesn't have a O2 sensor from the factory.
    Last edited by RXP6; 12-05-2014 at 02:41 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    Are you asking about the crankcase vent hose? If yes then I would readapt it into the air intake.
    The Spark doesn't have a O2 sensor from the factory.
    I think you are correct. I believe i misspoke when I called it an 02 sensor. Its really just a tube going from just prior to the throttle body to the top of the engine as seen in pic. I am more concerned about how to adapt it into a smaller or shorter intake with a filter on the end. I was looking in the 4tec forum as it seems there have been a lot more mods like that done here than on the ace engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modified.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	347765  

+1
    You could run it to a catch can or anywhere in the intake ahead or the throttle body. R&D makes a kit sold through GH.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2522

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    You could run it to a catch can or anywhere in the intake ahead or the throttle body. R&D makes a kit sold through GH.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2522

that type of system is what I need however I dont have the clearance. I wonder if I could just get that filter with the hose outlet on it and slip it on the end of the throttle body. Dont have room for the rest of the piping. Would be nice if I could get a short 90 degree elbo from the throttle body so it stuck off the right side of the engine. I do have the room there.

+1
    or perhaps put a small (16mm/ 5/8" hose size) filter directly directly on the end of that cranckase vent hose and pin it up somewhere out of the way or make a mount for it. Run it as two separate items. One small filter for the crank vent and then a standard aftermarket flat round filter for the actual cold air intake? Thoughts anyone. Do you guys see a problem with a shorter air intake run into the thottle body? It might limit the air velocity going in but I would assume that small intake can only suck or require so much air?
    Last edited by jbryzek; 12-05-2014 at 12:55 PM.

A filter with built-in velocity stacks would probably be your best bet, plumbing the crankcase vent back in to the air intake will keed it emissions legal.

+1
    A filter with built-in velocity stacks would probably be your best bet, plumbing the crankcase vent back in to the air intake will keed it emissions legal.
    do the stacks built up the speed (condense) the air prior to it entering the throttle body?

So since you mention emissions I wonder if I can just punch a small hole in the back of the new rubber backed cold air intake filter and plumb it into it using the already supplied pieces from the stock assembly on the ski? I would assume it would in theory "recycle the emissions" from the crank case rather than spitting them out of a filter?

Quote Originally Posted by jbryzek View Post
    do the stacks built up the speed (condense) the air prior to it entering the throttle body?

So since you mention emissions I wonder if I can just punch a small hole in the back of the new rubber backed cold air intake filter and plumb it into it using the already supplied pieces from the stock assembly on the ski? I would assume it would in theory "recycle the emissions" from the crank case rather than spitting them out of a filter?
    Velocity stack allows smooth and even air flow at high velocity, basically it acts like a funnel.
    I would use the stock supplied pieces and drill the urethane part of the new filter.

Thread Information