Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXPX260 Mods that won't void the warranty

Hello all, I'm going to a dealer tomorrow to possibly buy a new Seadoo RXPX260, depends upon the deal I work out, but if I pull the trigger and buy it, I'm curious of what Mods I can do without voiding my warranty. I'd like to remove all the limiters with a reflash or some other aftermarket ECU, but I don't know if enough about what Seadoo will do if something breaks within the 4 year warranty. Any suggestions or am I destined to live in a 68 mph world for 4 years when I'd like to get into the 70's. Thank you

Banned User
    +1
    V Tech tune can be reflashed back to stock if you need to take it in for service.

3. +1 by:

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineBoy View Post
    Hello all, I'm going to a dealer tomorrow to possibly buy a new Seadoo RXPX260, depends upon the deal I work out, but if I pull the trigger and buy it, I'm curious of what Mods I can do without voiding my warranty. I'd like to remove all the limiters with a reflash or some other aftermarket ECU, but I don't know if enough about what Seadoo will do if something breaks within the 4 year warranty. Any suggestions or am I destined to live in a 68 mph world for 4 years when I'd like to get into the 70's. Thank you
    Talk to the Dealer you are buying from and see how Mod friendly they are, best to be upfront and see where you stand versus being subversive... if they arent Mod friendly try to find another Dealer that is....A good relationship with a local Dealer goes a long way...

5. +1 by:

So I found this video and it shows a stock RXPX260 with a stage 1 going 77mph with a vtech reflash, is that all it takes to get this ski to the high 70's

+1
    That's a RXT rather than a RXP. However the same still applies, the V-Tech is a great upgrade.

+1
    don't kid your self
    if you over rev enough to bend/drop a valve
    you can bet BRP will take a good long look at your ecu data
    a good 8350 tune is not going to hurt your stock motor
    you should always try to stay off the limiter at wot

in that video looks like the max rpm is close to 8500
    IMO 8500 is also safe but the limiter needs to be like 8700
    and when the limiter is set that high you can see rpm spikes
    getting close to 10,000
    so you need to be very carful when you come out of the water

+1
    So I found this video and it shows a stock RXPX260 with a stage 1 going 77mph with a vtech reflash, is that all it takes to get this ski to the high 70's

No. Reflashed ECU, 4" air intake, remove the flame arrestor from the intake manifold, 15/19 or 15/20 prop and a better intercooler will get you into the upper 70's.

10. +1 by:

+1
    First, Welcome to the Greenhulk forum.

Second, read the stickies about modding your ski.

Third, technically, anything you change on the ski can void the warranty for the part changed or modified.

Forth, buy a shop manual for your ski, read it, understand it, and learn how to repair/maintain your ski.

If you plan on modifying your ski, do not buy an extended warranty......use that money for mods!

+1
    Pretty much any major mod (ECU reflashing) will void your warranty. Most dealers aren't going to care about something simple like CAI.

While under warranty I won't go to crazy. VTECH reflash 8375 tune is about as safe as tune as you can do. I go as far as saying if it broke with that tune it would've broke regardless. That tune with the supporting mods...CAI, Fuel Pressure Reg., Riva Intake Manifold upgrade(or DIY), and properly tuned prop can do great things and be safe. Also upgrading the intercooler with like the Fizzle is highly recommended. Tune that all in and you can run a solid 8250-8350RPM and should pull around 75MPH and be pretty much factory reliable. I'd also recommend the Vtech Data logger but many run the 8375 tune with no logging.

You can always flash back when taking it in for service work if your worried. For the service center to be looking at your ECU logs you need to be getting work done on something pretty major. But at the same time any service center that see's your Fuel Pressure Reg. that is a pretty big tip off things have gone well beyond stock.

If your going to keep the stock setup and just run the 8375 tune, do you need the fuel pressure regulator? I have an R&D intercooler and my limiters are hitting and the boost goes from full to missing 1 bar once I have been at WOT and reached top speed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information