Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2015 VXR or VXS, whats the big difference?

Ok so I知 going to buy a new ski come the 1st of the year and I知 really looking hard at the VXR and VXS. Obviously I like the 1.8 liter engine and the fact that the craft is lighter than ever. I知 going to be riding with my 2 children that are 8 and 10 years old so I need a three person watercraft. I知 was leaning towards the VXS because I thought the VXR was not a 3 person craft. But now I see on the Yamaha website that the VXR is rated for 1-3 persons. Knowing this, I知 now leaning towards buying the VXR. In my opinion it looks better than the VXS, it has better colors and the reboarding step.
    I guess my question is what else are the differences between these two crafts? I see the price difference is only $300. Is that $300 just for the upgraded seat and reboarding step on the VXR? I don稚 understand why Yamaha makes different models that resemble each other so closely. Is there really someone out there that is going to buy the VXS just to save $300?

+1
    Everything is the same George. Just different seat & colors.

If youre planning on hauling two kids like that, id suggest an fx na ski. Much better hull design and more practical for youre needs.

+1
    The reboarding step is nice when climbing on. You can buy one and add it but you'll be spending the same and not have the upgraded seat. From what all here have said, the FX will give you a much better ride especially in rougher water but that does come at a higher price. I was also looking at a VXR for my second ski but Lake Erie is usually rough and will give the FX a second look.

3 peeps on a VX is no fun, no matter how fast it is. 3 peeps on an fx is much more tolerable, and better in any sort of chop, light to moderate. To me, the best ski for the great lakes is going to be an fx...id stay away from the SHO and look for an NA. Much better on fuel, and you don't run the risk of throwing your kid off the back as easily if you accidentally bump the throttle....

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    If youre planning on hauling two kids like that, id suggest an fx na ski. Much better hull design and more practical for youre needs.
    Have you been on a 2015 VXR/S ski?, the hulls are different then previous years

+1
    Would like to know if its slower or faster than the 14. Should be better in the rough stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    Have you been on a 2015 VXR/S ski?, the hulls are different then previous years
    No i have not and that is a valid point

New VX hull are nothing in comparison to the old hull... The ride is much like an FX in a smaller lighter platform.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417892105.295990.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	295.1 KB 
ID:	347813
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417892114.518398.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	334.1 KB 
ID:	347814

Vxr is much nicer..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast