+1

Dual Trailer - Dual Ski overall width Dimensions?

I'm thinking about purchasing a dual trailer and adding a ski for my son.

With that said; I need the width with machines on the trailer just to see if it will fit into garage? I have a two car garage, but with a centre pillar so the max width is 9' feet wide (Per door).

If the machines are average 48" wide each, what is the spacing between to determine overall width?

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by K447; 12-06-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You posted in the Kawasaki section. Do you have one or two Kawasaki watercraft?

The width of the double trailer itself will be very close to 102" as that is the maximum allowable width for trailers without a special permit. 102" is 8.5 feet wide.

The gap or spacing between the two hulls will vary slightly depending on the brand or model of double trailer. My 2008 Triton Elite double trailer, for example, measures 53" between winch tower centers.

The winch towers determine where the bow centerline of each hull will align, and therefore the winch towers also determine the gap or spacing between the two hulls. The bunks are always adjusted to agree with the winch tower, in terms of side to side adjustment.

Using arithmetic, the total combined width of both hulls including the gap between can be calculated simply by adding the width of ONE hull plus the center to center spacing of the two winch towers.

If one hull is 48" wide and the winch tower spacing is 53" then the total width is 48+53=101 inches.

Note: You need to measure the actual hull width at the widest point, which may be at the sponsons. Sometimes the manufacturer published/specified width measurement is incorrect.

Unless the watercraft you have are unusually wide or the trailer has very wide winch tower spacing, you should be able to fit it through your 9 foot wide garage door. Clearance on each side might be minimal, but it will likely fit.

+1
    K447,

Thanks for the educated information. I think you are spot on when it comes to 101 inches. In regards to machines, I have a 2014 Ultra 310 X SE and a 2001 GP1200R. On another note, I see you are from Toronto. I live in Oakville. Always looking for someone or somewhere to ride. I generally launch at Lake front Promenade (Cawthra and Lakeshore) clean area and nice open parking lot. We should catch up sometime this coming season. I'm kinda newly back into the sport after a ten year hiatus. Tried my run at bikes and ATV's for a bit, but really miss the water.

Thanks again,

Chris

most trailer websites have the spec sheet. even on the trailer the wheel wells usually stick out more than the skies.....usually;0)
    scoll to bottom for widths
    http://www.tritontrailers.com/produc...specifications

+1
    Thanks fellas! K447, you were correct 101.5 inches at it's widest point. That leaves me 7.5 inches, not bad, unless I was auditioning for a roll in the adult video industry. haha.
    Last edited by OakvilleUltra300X; 12-08-2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OakvilleUltra300X View Post
    ... I have a 2014 Ultra 310 X SE and a 2001 GP1200R.

On another note, I see you are from Toronto. I live in Oakville. Always looking for someone or somewhere to ride. I generally launch at Lake front Promenade (Cawthra and Lakeshore) clean area and nice open parking lot. We should catch up sometime this coming season...
    47 inches wide 2014 Ultra 310 X SE
    45.3 inches wide 2001 GP1200R

Gap between the two hulls when loaded on trailer (and therefore the overall loaded width) will depend on the make/model of trailer.

If you are shopping for a double trailer, I can recommend the welded aluminum Triton Elite double trailer with torsion axle and stainless steel hardware. I have the 2008 model and it has been no trouble at all. The current version has an upgraded and more adjustable winch tower design.

The double axle Triton WC2-2 is also impressive, but up to you whether you want to spend for it.

Send me a Private Message when riding season warms up next summer.

Thread Information