4- tec head gasket.

Just about to pull my motor but a thought just popped into my head there.

Is it possable to put the head gasket on the wrong way and stave the head of oil? From what I remember everything looked lined up and good so just thought id ask the question.

Also has anybody got any pictures of how the head gasket is ment to go on?

Thanks Jamie

+1
    only 1 way.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Did u put a different year head on, or Swap blocks last time?

04-05's had an oil pressure restrictor in the block and holes in the rocker shaft to match

06+ had the restrictor removed, and diff size holes in the rocker shaft to match that setup

No mate I just took the head off and replaced the valves in that head, after looking again I can see that it couldn't really be put on wrong. And I've noticed that there is oil sitting on top of the keepers so clearly the head was getting oil.

I just just need to pull the motor to find out why it's partially seized really. Just waiting on a engine crane so I can do it.

is there anyway that I can pull the motor so that I wouldn't need to line it back up or is it just a case of ordering the alignment tools and be done with it lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    No mate I just took the head off and replaced the valves in that head, after looking again I can see that it couldn't really be put on wrong. And I've noticed that there is oil sitting on top of the keepers so clearly the head was getting oil.

I just just need to pull the motor to find out why it's partially seized really. Just waiting on a engine crane so I can do it.

is there anyway that I can pull the motor so that I wouldn't need to line it back up or is it just a case of ordering the alignment tools and be done with it lol.

I think that if you leave the mounts in the hull and dusmount them from the motor it should keep the aligment but let some one else confirm this

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post

I think that if you leave the mounts in the hull and dusmount them from the motor it should keep the aligment but let some one else confirm this
    thanks dude, yeah I'll wait to see if someone can confirm this

+1
    there is very little movement between the motor and the mounts-- you are fine as you really don't know how good or bad it is anyhow.

+1
    Have you checked your pump bearings for grease / water lately?

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Have you checked your pump bearings for grease / water lately?
    Oh yeah mate, I've been through all that in another thread dude it's now 100% the engine. Sucks but just have to accept lol. I'll be posting up my findings when I get the engine apart.

Thread Information