Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

WSM vs R&D air filter

which one would you recommend for a stock ski

Yamaha FX-SHO WaveRunner R&D Power Plenum Flame Arrestor Air Filter

or

WSM Washable Air Filter Yamaha FX1100 WaveRunner FX HO FX1100A FX1800 SHO GX

+1
    Neither. Stock filter for stock ski.

3. +1 by:

+1
    You won't get any gains by changing the air filter on a stock ski. The ribbon (flame arrestor) in the intake manifold is the main restriction. If you do the ribbon delete and nothing else, you still won't need to change your filter.

+1
    I only went with a washable aftermarket because it can be cleaned and reused along with getting it for a few pennies less than stock. Saw no performance difference on a stock ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erierunner View Post
    I only went with a washable aftermarket because it can be cleaned and reused along with getting it for a few pennies less than stock. Saw no performance difference on a stock ski.
    I dont think I've ever seen a real dirty air filter. After all, skis stay on the water for the most part.

+1
    I was looking to replace it since i'm nearly at 100hrs and will replace with a washable one.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dijsil View Post
    I was looking to replace it since i'm nearly at 100hrs and will replace with a washable one.
    Sorry about some people.....ignarance shows up from time to time, your question was not answered followed by a bunch of bull shit. Dumb people, you were not asking if it would gain you any performance only if anyone has tried them.

Washable filters are great, I use one on my ski and yes they do get dirty I suck up bugs and shit all the time, I use the K&N kit to clean it every season, it will breath better with a washable type filter on it. I have the R&D it works great
    Last edited by JoeyDFZS; 12-09-2014 at 05:10 AM.

+1
    Personally I think the stock and after market filters are way over priced. If I was going to spend that kind of money I'd fab a system. That's just my .02c.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDFZS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dijsil View Post
    Sorry about some people.....ignarance shows up from time to time, your question was not answered followed by a bunch of bull shit. Dumb people, you were not asking if it would gain you any performance only if anyone has tried them.

Washable filters are great, I use one on my ski and yes they do get dirty I suck up bugs and shit all the time, I use the K&N kit to clean it every season, it will breath better with a washable type filter on it. I have the R&D it works great
    Funny that you call people stupid and ignorant in a sentence riddled with misspellings, gramatical, and punctuation errors. Also, displayed complete lack of reading comprehension in that he did not ask if anyone had tried them; he asked what we would recommend in a stock ski. We were trying to save him the time and money of unnecessarily upgrading because he didn't originally say that he was replacing it due to being time to replace it.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Bottom line. Unless you have a modded ski that actually needs the higher flow rate, you are wasting money. High flow filters allow higher air flow because they have larger air passages and filter "less". Anyone that understands the dynamics of an engine knows that larger air passages = more potential contaminants. In conclusion, do whatever you want but a high flow air filter is unnecessary and a waste of funds on a stock ski. Shit, just remove the paper filter all together. You don't need it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information