Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Looking for parts for 85 JS550 project.

I'm normally a Seadoo guy... but me and a couple buddies decided to resto mod some ole JS 550s...

Open to any useful parts but specifically looking for a flame arrester for a Keihin 40mm carb, specifically and Ocean Pro. I am using a stock intake with a slant adapter to clear the larger carb, so i need a fairly low profile FA. I looked, a Westcoast won't fit under the hood, which would be really neat, cause the rest of my ski is pretty much Westcoast parts...

Already have a motor i just split and freshened up gaskets/seals on, it's been ported and had cylinders decked. Westcoast Head, Manifold, Pipe, and ride plate. A claw pole latch, bow eyelets, mariner mats, straight bar, pole spring, some sort of aftermarket waterbox... prolly more i'm forgetting about.

Also looking for a fire extinguisher cap, not the twist in kind, have one, doesn't work...
    and a chin pad... mine is missing completely, i would turf it too, if someone has a deal on a sheet of turf.

Let me know if you have some parts you would like to cash out on, i can send paypal, i am glad to cover the fee, but i won't use gift.

THANKS
    Adam

+1
    What other kind of cap is there?

I have the twist fire extinguisher cap on my 650, it never worked too well and isn't water tight.

Have you looked around ebay? there's thousands of parts for these old skis. I would also try X-H20, its basically the green hulk of stand up pwc's. I'm sure you'd find all of those parts in the classified section over there.

Banned User
    +1
    Check with John Zigler at Watcon. He may have some stuff that will work for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    What other kind of cap is there?

I have the twist fire extinguisher cap on my 650, it never worked too well and isn't water tight.

Have you looked around ebay? there's thousands of parts for these old skis. I would also try X-H20, its basically the green hulk of stand up pwc's. I'm sure you'd find all of those parts in the classified section over there.
    The style cap that i need is not twist in... it's this one: http://www.kartsandparts.ca/store/pr...cat=274&page=5 but it's kinda hard to find i suppose...

I have cruised ebay a LOT... i mean a LOT... and found most of the stuff i need... but figured i would try here in case ppl have stuff laying around they are not listing on ebay.

I have also emailed with John Zigler, I found his info on the PWC Today Forum... nice guy, very helpful, also very expensive... and didn't have exactly what i needed... Didn't offer any used parts, and was asking what i would consider a premium for new ones... I could visit the local Kawasaki dealer and get the same treatment i suppose...lol

+1
    John Zigler is the go to guy for anything like this. His prices are a little high but I mean.. so are everyone's in this industry. I've learned the hard way that this isn't exactly a cheap hobby lol.

Nicest guy though, I always try to buy from him when I need something, excellent customer service.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    This is the one I use on mine... (I don't use any.)

This is the stock round body and no primer or choke. Put my hand over first start of the day and the rest of the day works like a charm.
    The fuel these days eats primer bulbs up in no time, (who want's fuel leaks?) and the unobstructed air flow without the choke butterfly is a wonderful thing.

Sorry only extra parts I have are gaskets, head, carb, etc.

+1
    wkuadam keeps snatching extra parts from my crazy build! I swear I need to start charging! Wait I use his shop and tools all the time so I better hush!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6194.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	348125  

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    LOL^^^

That red look sharp!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skewba98z28 View Post
    wkuadam keeps snatching extra parts from my crazy build! I swear I need to start charging! Wait I use his shop and tools all the time so I better hush!
    Ahahahaha... gotcha again Matt!!! That's a sweet looking ski in the background... wait... that's mine... How about now Jack... Your leftovers have been good to my ski, i admit. You are going to have a sweet looking ski, but mine may just bark a little louder. It's gonna have to, in order to heave my big ass around the lake... ever seen a 285lb man ride a JS550? ahahahahahahahaha

I scored a triple Ocean Pro FA setup for a yami on ebay, so i'm going to have an element for mine and parts galore leftover for Ocean Pro FAs... I thought about running it open like yours rlovebk, but i am almost certain mine will be upside down at some point and just about anything to stop some water from getting in the motor is helpful. Also, my motor is a total unknown, seems the cylinders are decked, and possibly ported, the port matching on the manifolds looks great... long story short, when it's cold it will pop back through the carb a little bit, a FA should prevent a fiery disaster (temporarily). Also, my carb throat has been bored severely, and my Ocean pro FA has been bored to match it... i tried a K&N or similar adaptor leftover from skewba's build and the bolts lined up, but the throat wasn't nearly large enough. Any thoughts on putting some sort of sock over the Ocean Pro? frog skin or whatnot?

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2488.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	348126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2489.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	348127Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	348128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2496.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	348129Some better pictures of what i am working with...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information