+1

Seven Deadly Questions With Billy Crews Jr.

Watercraft Journal: Billy, your website PWCTrailFinder.com is unlike any other, where enthusiasts can go to peruse a huge catalog of long distance/adventure ride routes. How’d you get started?

Billy Crews Jr: It was during my first Mudbug (Greenhulk’s annual PWC rally in Morgan City, Louisiana) that I realized that the majority of the visiting PWCers hardly knew the waterways surrounding the area. In the years following my first Mudbug, I and a few other locals, took it upon ourselves to guide some organized tours off the beaten path.

WCJ: Was that the spark that started you mapping your routes?

BC: During my first year of guiding, I had just purchased the latest and greatest version of the Garmin 76 series handheld GPS mapping unit. Between my guided tours and my recreational rides with my Louisiana regulars, it didn’t take long to build a small library of Southern Louisiana “trails.”

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 12-10-2014 at 10:06 AM.

+1
    Great article Kevin. They don't come any nicer than Billy & his website is amazing !!!

+1
    Yeah, Kevin. You might even get to ride some of the aforementioned trails if you carry your ass down here for MudBug!

+1
    We'll see what my schedule (and more importantly, travel budget) look like.

+1
    Indeed, nice article. Had the pleasure of riding with the Celebrity several times now...enough miles that I've seen him make a wrong turn on ride #3 or 4.

Awesome that he puts the time and effort into promoting the hobby of PWC tour riding with his website and also lobbying for the right to ride PWC in areas that have previously been off limits.

Oh, and that's me and/or my better half in pics 5, 7, and 11. That Mobile area ride is a must do for anyone within driving distance...bayous, huge bridges (including Dolly Parton variety), USS Alabama, going over the I-10 tunnel in downtown, site of the Sunset Limited train crash into Big Bayou Canot, and a beach/sand mountain in the middle of the bayous!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks, guys - really. I can honestly say though, the site would be nothing w/o those that submit the data to build the database. Of course it doesn't end there: The rides we've shared together are priceless - always fun or something at least laughing about when the day is over...

And yes, make enough rides w/me and you're bound to see me make a wrong turn. Funny though, I never seem to get those moments included in a trip report... LOL.

I'm very much looking forward to riding next season w/all of you.

Thread Information