+1

2012 gti 130 code p0106

Hello Sea doo experts, I am having hard time finding the problem on a 2012 gti 130 rental with 560 hrs, the ski runs fine up to 5100 rpms all day as long as you don't go over 5100, going over 5200 at the most 5400 the engine suddenly slow down to 4000 rpms and run rough, engine check symbol shows on dash display so when pressing mode button then faulty code, the code P0106 appear and only that one, if you stay full throttle then the engine will stays around 4.000 rpms and running rough and showing engine check symbol, if you release throttle all the way down to idle, engine still run rough idle around 1500 then as soon as engine check symbol disappear of the dash the idle become smooth around 1700 and runs fine.
    again throttle up to 5100, perfect, runs great, pass 5200, again rpms goes down to 4000 and run rough.
    Code p0106 is MAP sensor so first think I did Is to replace the sensor, erase the code with candoo and go for test drive, guess what?? exactly the same, no difference then I followed what service manual says, test continuity of the wiring between map sensor and ecm, all good with no resistance at all on all pins. manuals also says MAP, TOPS and Tas sensor are sharing same power line, verify all 3 sensors if one is pulling too much current .
    then I checked all these components as per service manual, all are within power range, checked continuity between tas and ecm, tops and ecm , all good with no excessive resistance anywhere.
    I know the 24 connector plug connector under handlebar is known for corroding, checked it, took it all apart, all good.
    As this company has more than one ski, I started swapping parts with good known ones, started by main wiring harness, still the same, then engine harness, still the same, then ecm, same problem, then I tried a new TAS and TOPS, same result.
    spent even more time checking all electric connections, have not found anything wrong.
    as I had to move forward I swapped intake manifold assembly with throttle body and another MAP sensor, still same result, still not working.
    all the time I spent cleaning connections and all parts that I installed have not done anything, did not even modulate the problem, same result at same rpms.
    the only parts that I did not replaced are the handlebar harness and dashboard. same problem on touring mode, sport and eco mode, no difference, still the same problem at same rpms.
    any idea?
    thanks for any help
    Frenchy

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    have another look at the idle air control valve, easy to swap out from a good running ski, not a part you want to guess on. pretty expensive. they are finicky on high hour engines. do not try to work the valve by hand. that will ruin it.

+1
    The idle controle valve is in the throttle body right?
    i already swapped it when i did the intake manifold ,i forgot to tell that i used a complete intake wih throttle , injectors and a third MAP sensor.
    thanks for the suggestion, any other idea?

+1
    Also forgot to say: it never does on the trailer on dry land even if revs up to 75/8000 rpms but does on the trailer at the ramp with the back in the water under load and easy to reproduce .

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    make sure the inlet pipe to the throttle body isnt all soft from oil and try running with it off, the s/c skis have a similar problem with the rubber hose going into the s/c as the oil breather makes them go soft they also throw a map sensor code when it blocks off and obviously when you get back to the trailer the hose releases and looks fine

+1
    thanks but I already removed this intake boot thinking it could be a restriction in air box, still the same.
    spent more time looking around intake and electrical, found nothing new.
    I will try to swap dashboard cluster and handlebar harness next week but not much expected.
    i tried to talk about this problem with local mechanics and they all suggested what i already did and reinstalled the supposed bad parts to the other ski, runs fine.
    I am running out of idea

+1
    Did you ever solve this issue?

Thread Information