Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

polaris msx 150 overboost prob

Re: Overboost on MSX 150
    hello i ahve an mx 150 and i i can run it it powers up for a few secs then its limets it to around 4700 rpm witch is the limiter when the turbe is over boosting i can stop the engine start it again it runs ok for few secs then it goes limeted again and just keeps doing this for ever it was out last summer is not very old and ran fine when was put away has anyone any idea whats causing this and what needs to be done to fix it e.g does it need to be connected to a computer thankyou

Welcome to GREENHULK!!!

I had the same problem. It is most likely your turbo boost sensor that is not functioning properly. Give Jay a call out at Atlantic Power Sports at 732-920-7669 with your Hull Idendification number and he can probably get one for you under warranty even if you are no longer covered on the original warranty. The stock sensor has a 100% failure rate, it is just a matter of time. I changed mine and it works perfectly. It comes with instructions and it is not hard to install. Good luck and let us know how it worked out. If you need anything else please let us know.

+1
    Hi bt, I'd also like to say WELCOME to the Green Hulk forums.
    It's probably just like Altron said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Oh Jay is out with the flu right now, he should be back Thursday or Friday?

Re: MSX 150 Problem over boost

thanks for that Altron can you tell me witch sensor you are on about i think you mean the one on the top of the rocker cover its gray with 2 pipes going into it please get back to me cheers

+1

Overboost Condition

Please Check That Your Watsegate Arm Is Moving Freely. If It Is Moving Freely Then Check The Line Coming From Compressor Housing Going To The Wastegate Solenoid. You Should Be Able To Blow Through It. If You Can't The Fitting On The Compressor Housing Is Clogged And The Boost From The Turbo Can Not Open The Wastegate To Bleed Off Excess Boost That The Engine Cannot Take And Is Setting A Overboost Condition. Let Us Know What You Find And Can Take It From There.

As Mentioned Earlier The Wastegate Solenoids Had A High Fail Rate But By Your Description It Sounds Like That You Have A Updated One And They Are More Robust And I Have Never Seen One Fail Yet. But There Is A First Time For Everything. Also Do You Ride In Salt Or Fresh Water? Where Are You Located?

Jay

bt, it definately sounds like you have the updated sensor because that was the one I was talking about, the old one that has 100% failure rate was even located in a different spot. As Jay said definately check those lines and that your wastegate arm moves freely. You also want to check the banjo bolt where the line comes out of the turbo. They can get corroded and pluged and then your solenoid and wastegate won't work correctly.

over boost

hi thank you everyone for your help i looked at the wastgate pipe and bolt and was fully blocked took it all apart and cleaned it all now the wastgate arm moves when its going witch was stuck but i freeed it the other day i am testing it tomorrw and hopefully sunday in the hot weather we are promised i am sure it will run fine now i will let you lot know as soon as iv took it out thanks people you have saved me a 300 mile trip and alot of money cheers

No problem, that is what we are here for. I am glad to hear that you found the problem. If you run in salt water or in a hunid climate that isd definately something to keep your eye on a regular intervals. Have fur this weekend. Let us know how it turned out.

+1
    Wayyy cool. Definately let us know how it goes, I want to hear a success story!

r.e overboost prob

hi sorry peole put the clugged pipe i got told about was the problem i think but now i took it out its running like a peace of **** sometimes it starts powers up then cuts off for no reason somnetimes itsleimeted to aroud 4000 rpm then the best bit is sometimes it wont evan start at all i am sick of this jet ski and thinking of traiding it in for a yamah one or something because this one is taking the piss realy the limets change the over heat light comes on for no reason check engine keeps going on and off it wont even start halff the time then all of a sudden it starts but only reves to around 4000 rpm then like a limiter has kicket in and runs erfwect at a steady 4000rpm but wont rev higher then just goes back to not starting and stuff has anyone ever had a problem like this i have never known anything more unriliable in my life please make more posts and cheers for the other edvice people

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information