+1

Seadoo Wetsuit Sizing

Hello members,

I just recently purchased a new 2015 seadoo x-team wetsuit size medium. Problem is it fits perfect up until I get it to my upper body torso (bodybuilder style body) and is way too tight. Seadoo really needs in between sizes. I used a seadoo large wetsuit last season and it fit good just too long (looked like a diaper in the back lol). Should I just send the medium back and buy a large? Anyway to alter or shorten these things?

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 185
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	348139  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolol View Post
    Hello members,

I just recently purchased a new 2015 seadoo x-team wetsuit size medium. Problem is it fits perfect up until I get it to my upper body torso (bodybuilder style body) and is way too tight. Seadoo really needs in between sizes. I used a seadoo large wetsuit last season and it fit good just too long (looked like a diaper in the back lol). Should I just send the medium back and buy a large? Anyway to alter or shorten these things?

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 185
    If your chest to waste measurement is north of 10inches it's rough going finding a wetsuit. Basically wet suits are made for average sized people that aren't inclined to frequent the gym. Your sir are in the minority I always struggle with buying wet suits, I'm about your height but about 10lbs heavier. I can't get my legs into a medium. I end up with a large and have extra material around the waste and the arms and legs being to long. I just bought a Neil Pryde dry suit. They run very big. A Medium fit me perfect in the legs and the top is baggy and has just enough room for some light layers up top.

Maybe go to a surf shop and just try some on until you find something that fits decent. Good luck big guy!

+1
    Minority lol. Maybe Seadoo figures bigger guys like us dont want to cover our gym accomplishments? Yes 33inch waist and 44 or 45inch chest. My legs were tight but comfortable, but my arms were falling asleep after a few minutes in the suit. I thought about a surf shop but really like the x-team wetsuit (as it matches my RXP-X). Ill order the large and hope it runs small. I called a local tailor/alter shop and they said to bring it down and they would look at it. Good to know fellow lifters have the same issue here

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolol View Post
    Minority lol. Maybe Seadoo figures bigger guys like us dont want to cover our gym accomplishments? Yes 33inch waist and 44 or 45inch chest. My legs were tight but comfortable, but my arms were falling asleep after a few minutes in the suit. I thought about a surf shop but really like the x-team wetsuit (as it matches my RXP-X). Ill order the large and hope it runs small. I called a local tailor/alter shop and they said to bring it down and they would look at it. Good to know fellow lifters have the same issue here
    Talk to the guys at dive shops to see who can do alterations of neoprene suits. Neoprene seams need special sewing techniques to accommodate the stretch and water exposure, and not tear into the soft material.

Also consider a two piece design, such as farmer john style with separate jacket. Then you can buy a jacket that fits.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Not a bad idea. They do sell the x-team jacket I can look into. Ill wait untill the large comes in and bring it over to a few alteration shops. Ill make sure I tell them the circumstances to sewing a wetsuit K447 thanks

+1
    Other brands have in-between sizes if you aren't determined to own a Sea Doo wetsuit.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information