Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

ATHENA ECU problem

hi everyone my friends rxp-x 260 2013 he have riva stage 3 with the 1000cc injectors and all of the parts .he was using his ski for one year now with the stage 3 parts with athena ecu .so one day before we drop our skis to the water we do check the ski by cranking the start key , so my friend tried to start his ski but it wont start , the ski does crank but the engine wont start , so he took the ski to the dealer and they checked everything but there weren't any electrical problem in the the ski , we were really desperate to find the problem .so when we lost hope , we took off the athena ecu from the ski and installed a new one with the same map and the ski started right a way !!!so we put back the old athena and i programmed it and installed the map in it , but still the ski wont start !!!the athena ecu that have the problem can be programmed and its working perfectly but for some reason it wont let the ski start .did anyone had this problem ? i mean the athena is connecting my laptop and its downloading the map perfectly to the ecu but it wont start .i even checked the map on both of the athena ecu that we tried and they are the same , also did the throttle calibration correctly , but the problem still exist .

+1
    did you go thru all the settings to make sure they are both the same

+1
    I had a similar problem yesterday, it wouldn't start so I just loaded a different map and it starts properly
    now but it's running very rich and won't rev past 8000rpm with a xxx supercharger.

+1
    another failed athena ecu will sell you one cheap

+1
    just copy the fuel map from the old map and paste it in the new

sounds like the timing is different or some limit is set wrong

+1
    There is a new software update, go to the Riva Athena website and upload it to your ecu, my GTR is starting and running a lot better.

+1
    well guys it has been a while , so i will share my unfortunate luck with the athena ECU

i contacted the guys in riva and they were a great help .

so they connected to my laptop wirelessly and they tried to upload the map in the athena ecu , the map was loaded to the ecu without any problems whatsoever .

then i tried to start the ski , but the problem didnt go away , the ski still doesn't start . (ski does start and the engine runs for 3 seconds and the shuts off ) , so the issue wasnt fixed yet .

so i let the guy from riva do his thing in maya software , so when he was done , he told me he will talke to me latter to tell what is the problem with the ecu .

so i waited and the guy did give me an answer about the problem , he said that the barometric sensor in the ecu is damaged so thats why the ski is not starting .

so i asked him if they can fix it ( change the sensor ) and shockingly he said ( we are no longer selling these ecu , we do have a VIPEC ecu for u ) .

+1
    my only option now is the V-TECH maptuner , ill order it .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by isa alnoaimi View Post
    so i asked him if they can fix it ( change the sensor ) and shockingly he said ( we are no longer selling these ecu , we do have a VIPEC ecu for u ) .
    Did they offering you a ViPEC in exchange? Or flat out saying they can't help you and want to sell you a ViPEC?

With all the reported issues on the Athena, Riva should have offered ViPEC to original Athena owners.

BTW: I am happy with my VTECH stuff. Make sure you get the three items (logger, tuner, tune credit). Only issue with them is getting in touch with them. Michael has been great...but doesn't really handle the actual "tuning" side of things.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by isa alnoaimi View Post
    Are they offering you a ViPEC in exchange? Or flat out telling they can't help you and want to sell you a ViPEC?

With all the reported issues on the Athena, Riva should have offered ViPEC to original Athena owners.
    yup they cant help me and offered me to buy the ViPEC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information