Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

In need of a new pwc double trailer

Hello I'm in the market for a new double pwc trailer and I'm not really familiar of what brands are good and which are bad could someone point me in the right direction. I need a trailer that can haul at least 2,000lbs and that can go long distances from time to time.

+1
    What skis will you be hauling? I haul (2) FX/FZ's and have a black powder coated ComFab PWT 2213 (2,220 lb capacity) and could not be happier with the way it pulls or it's overall quality.

Banned User
    +1
    Triton Elite WCII. There is none better.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bk3262 View Post
    ... in the market for a new double pwc trailer.

... I need a trailer that can haul at least 2,000lbs and that can go long distances from time to time.
    Most modern double PWC trailers can handle 2000 pounds. You may need to provide a more accurate weight requirement, as two modern watercraft with full fuel and fluids plus some stowed cargo can be well above 2000 pounds (all in weight).

Add a trailer box, spare tire and mount, tongue jack, etc and the total weight increments some more.

I have the aluminum Triton Elite double (WC-II, 2008 model) trailer and it is quite well built, no significant issues. Tows very well, I highly recommend the torsion axle over leaf springs, regardless of which brand you choose. Much nicer ride, very quiet and handles sudden road bumps and curb touches with minimal bouncing and no rattles.

Triton also makes a double torsion axle version (WC2-2) which has a much higher weight capacity and will last forever.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    What skis will you be hauling? I haul (2) FX/FZ's and have a black powder coated ComFab PWT 2213 (2,220 lb capacity) and could not be happier with the way it pulls or it's overall quality.
    I'll be towing a seadoo gtx which weighs about 860lbs dry weight and a yamaha wave venture which weighs around 600lbs dry. I'll have a tongue jack and a spare tire as well and some life jackets and thats about it.

+1
    I'm really liking those torsion axles, I've been doing some research on them and i will most likely get a trailer with a torsion axle because my current trailer has leaf springs and it bangs around on every little bump in the road.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bk3262 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    What skis will you be hauling? ...
    I'll be towing a seadoo gtx which weighs about 860lbs dry weight and a yamaha wave venture which weighs around 600lbs dry. I'll have a tongue jack and a spare tire as well and some life jackets and thats about it.
    Do you expect to replace either or both watercraft anytime soon? Newer machines might have more weight and/or be longer.

Fuel plus fluids can add 100 pounds or more to each PWC. Gear stowed in the noses also adds some weight, plus trailer box, tongue jack, spare tire, etc. Looks like you are currently near 1800-1900 pounds of load weight.

If you upgrade to newer or heavier watercraft then the total load weight can go up, of course. If you want to carry large fuel containers that also adds up. My two 14 gallon fuel caddies are quite heavy when full.

I really like my 2008 Triton Elite but I was surprised that it did not properly fit the large Kawasaki 300 hull I browsed for a weekend. Newer Triton trailers now have a larger and more adjustable winch tower, which was the main limitation on my trailer with the big Kawi.

+1
    Personally, unless you are going to keep these older machines, you may want to consider just buying a good used galvanized for $500 or so. Because when you sell these, they'll need and trailer. You can include it with those machines. When you go to buy a the big ones, then you can invest in the aluminum double. Just my thoughts. Where are you located?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    Personally, unless you are going to keep these older machines, you may want to consider just buying a good used galvanized for $500 or so. Because when you sell these, they'll need and trailer. You can include it with those machines. When you go to buy a the big ones, then you can invest in the aluminum double. Just my thoughts. Where are you located?

I plan on keeping theses machines for a while since i had just purchased them 2 years ago and they are plenty good for me and my family. I'm located in Harrisburg PA

+1
    I tow with a aluminum Load-Rite two place trailer. It has the torsion axle and fits both my '07 FX HO and '09 FZR just fine. My only complaint about the trailer is that some of the hardware isn't SS. Complete BS IMO that an aluminum trailer has some non-SS parts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information