advice, waveraider water intake.

so this winter I decided to re- do the bottom of my waveraider 1100. Also wanted to seal the intake grate again. I pulled the intake grate off and I found this chunk missing. Pictures attached. What kind of performance issues might this cause, enough to maybe replace it this winter? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1724.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	348222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1723.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	348223  

Central North Carolina
    From looking at your pictures it looks like some one has cut the bars out of the grate completely leaving only the rear ramp and the front mount. If I am correct then your complete water ,tunnel is 100% open. There should be two or Four bars runnung front to rear to protect from large objects from going into the pump. Maby some one can post up pictures of what a raider intake grate should look like. I think Pro-Tec Performance still sells them. Here is a link to what a high performance two bar intake grate should look like Notice the wing scoop in the middle of the two bars this helps with water flow to prop and lesscavation on take off. Tommy Jordan
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 12-13-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Yes. A Suggestion from this forum on this model of ski it is to cut the bars off to reduce resistance, however the previous owner cut all four instead of the two inner. My question more is on the tunnel part of this intake how it is broken off the side and how this effects the system.

Does anyone have any comments on the condition of this part and how it will relate to performance? I'm not to familiar with intakes for jet ski s and how damage like this effects how it works. Thanks

Bennettsville, SC
    Had the same exact problem with a 95 raider 701. Broke the grate due to loose bolts. IIRC, the 1100 has 8 bolts holding the grate on. Seems like I didn't have a noticeable reduction in performance, although I did replace mine for peace of mind. I'd replace it, and only cut the middle bars out of the replacement, if you cut any. I never had problems out of a stock grate.

I was thinking about getting a pro Tec upgrade grate because the lake I ride on the holidays is always chop. But I am still reading and looking for information on the gains to worth

North Central Arkansas
    You need a replacement, period. You will love a scoop style grate on that Raider. We have one on our GP. Very noticeable difference in chop, keeps it from bouncing so much.

Replacement grate for Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    You need a replacement, period. You will love a scoop style grate on that Raider. We have one on our GP. Very noticeable difference in chop, keeps it from bouncing so much.
    I just sold both my Raiders , i have 2 stock grates and plates i can let go real cheap.

Thread Information