Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva stage 1 who has it? on the RXT

I am very close to purchasing this set up and curious to hear from owners what they think? If all the mods that come with the stage 1 are worth the total package price or if just going with a few of them will get similar results but save some cash? This going on a 2006 Sea Doo RXT that I take delivery off in a few months. Any stats on what people have seen on top end gains MPH, low end gains, hole shot performance etc etc... Thanks everyone!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    piece one together yourself. the classifieds are a great source for used parts. most guys on here move through mods so quickly, you can pick up used equipment in very good condition.

other items like making your own 4 inch intake instead of the power filter will give you better throttle responce and power and be WAAAY cheaper than the power filter. Search "4 inch intake" and you'll find lots of information about them.

The Race Engineering OPAS block offs sold here in the online store (link to left) are the best block off's available.

Other's debate weather they like the pump wedge at all on the 3 seaters, as well as the Riva Top Loader intake grate. So, you may be able to find RXT/GTX guys willing to part with those parts if they disliked the handling characteristics.

An impeller is hit or miss in the classified section. You may have to wait a while for one to pop up. This would be the way to go if you're not in a big hurry, especially since you'll MOST LIKELY want to upgrade more in the future and you'll make more, if not all, of you money back on used impellers vs. a new one(which turns old the second you drop it in the water).

However, if you don't want to wait and aren't comfortable "making" your own parts, the kit is the way to go. Whatever you choose, buy it in the Online Store here and save on Riva products with Jerry's (GreenHulk) coupon code "greenhulk".

Good luck.

sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    piece one together yourself. the classifieds are a great source for used parts. most guys on here move through mods so quickly, you can pick up used equipment in very good condition.

other items like making your own 4 inch intake instead of the power filter will give you better throttle responce and power and be WAAAY cheaper than the power filter. Search "4 inch intake" and you'll find lots of information about them.

The Race Engineering OPAS block offs sold here in the online store (link to left) are the best block off's available.

Other's debate weather they like the pump wedge at all on the 3 seaters, as well as the Riva Top Loader intake grate. So, you may be able to find RXT/GTX guys willing to part with those parts if they disliked the handling characteristics.

An impeller is hit or miss in the classified section. You may have to wait a while for one to pop up. This would be the way to go if you're not in a big hurry, especially since you'll MOST LIKELY want to upgrade more in the future and you'll make more, if not all, of you money back on used impellers vs. a new one(which turns old the second you drop it in the water).

However, if you don't want to wait and aren't comfortable "making" your own parts, the kit is the way to go. Whatever you choose, buy it in the Online Store here and save on Riva products with Jerry's (GreenHulk) coupon code "greenhulk".
    Good luck.

sean
    sean i think i missed the coupon code, would i of saved a lot? regards bill

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    sean i think i missed the coupon code, would i of saved a lot? regards bill
    How much did u spend on riva stuff?

Holy crap i jsut read ure sig if u didnt use the coupon code on all of that you lost a couple hundred bucks easy.

i think it's like 10% or so...not too sure, never really checked. jerry?

but remember, it's just on Riva products.

the mods are ok. but our stage 1 kit we do shows 71mph but strong 70's and less money!

+1

well it does'nt matter i'll be getting more mods so i'll look into it, so hows your set up sean are you ontop of everything? (ski wise) ?

everything is good here!

don't think I'll ever be on top of the setup!! damn online store

+1

I think it's 8%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information