Thread: vtech vs. R&D.

vtech vs. R&D.

Hello all, I'm planning on picking up one of these sparks this spring and will be looking to do a few upgrades…partially for cc, and partially for rec riding.
    The biggest gains look to be from the ecue…I'm just wondering if anyone has done any back to back testing of the reflashed ecu vs. R&D's product? I've heard all positives re: flashing, but nothing at all re: R&D. Is it the competitors that bad, or has no one really tested it yet. Jetskiworld gave it a decent review, but I'm looking for more opinions before making a purchase.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, once the machine is reflashed is it always running at the 109 tune, or is there a option to still run the slower mode and toggle between the two?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mx595 View Post
    Hello all, I'm planning on picking up one of these sparks this spring and will be looking to do a few upgrades…partially for cc, and partially for rec riding.
    The biggest gains look to be from the ecue…I'm just wondering if anyone has done any back to back testing of the reflashed ecu vs. R&D's product? I've heard all positives re: flashing, but nothing at all re: R&D. Is it the competitors that bad, or has no one really tested it yet. Jetskiworld gave it a decent review, but I'm looking for more opinions before making a purchase.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, once the machine is reflashed is it always running at the 109 tune, or is there a option to still run the slower mode and toggle between the two?

Well I am sure there both good but I can only speak of Vtech as you can't afford to do both.

You still get touring mode and sport mode you can change on the fly. There is a number of tunes you can load to you map tuner approx. 6 can be stored to load any time and back online to download any time.

Vtech after sales support I give 10 out of 10 BRP after sales support 1 out of 10 1 is for at lest they took my warranty phone call BRP they sux
    Vtech help fix a problem with ECU that dealer caused not really there problem but they took the time to help me out.

So see what other people say but 100% happy with Vtech here is a video for you to enjoy

+1
    another for you

Thank you xdrian.
    I'm planning on purchasing a 60…Will that have a sport and touring mode as well with the vtech?

+1
    U will have touring and Sports with the V tech tune ..

+1
    yes that's what I did, the money you save with not going 90hp will pay for the Vtech its a WIN WIN for you

Thank you xdrian.
    I'm planning on purchasing a 60…Will that have a sport and touring mode as well with the vtech?

Sweet.
    Any idea if the R&D offers both as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by xdrian View Post
    yes that's what I did, the money you save with not going 90hp will pay for the Vtech its a WIN WIN for you

Thank you xdrian.

+1
    i would go with the v-tech maptuner. it will save you money in the long run because you can try different maps and if you change your setup you dont have to send it again to R&D for a remap. also if you have friends with a seadoo you can map there seadoo's if they purchase a licence for there ecu.

I e mailed R&D a few weeks ago and i was told that they no longer tune the computer any more for the spark.

+1
    That's cause V tech rules !!!

Thread Information