Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dry dip stick after rebuild rxt 2005

Hi all
    I have a fresh motor rebuild just completed. I just tipped 4 quarts of oil in,the dip stick showed oil.
    i cranked it to move the oil around it all seemed to fill my Pto and bleed up through the rockers only inlet side I can see so far.
    I checked and cleaned the the dip stick it was now bone dry. I tipped another quart in and after cranking again the dip stick is bone dry still.
    The oil level is upto the super charger in the pto.
    Where is all the oil there is none in the hull why is my dipstick dry.
    The motor is a 2007 but running the 2005 pto cover and blowby

+1
    I am curious about this too since I have seen occasional issues like this.

Moderators, could we move this to the 4-tec Performance section so we get more visibility and input?

+1
    There has to be a sump blockage in the rear screen I would think. If the rear oil pump doesn't work will it just accumulate back there?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...light=Oil+sump

here is another post pertaining to your rear oil issues ..... I know it doesn't give you a definitive answer but maybe a step in the right direction

+1
    I would think that because there is a 1/2" hole drilled into the 06+ blocks below the counter balancer at the rear of the motor + the addition of an 05 breather on the front there wouldn't be much back pressure.. No?
    I know it doesn't account for the oil level issue but just a thought.

The ski is a 05 but my motor is 07. The guy before me bought the 255 motor but put the pto and oil separator from his 05 on.
    I'm going to strip the motor down to investigate. It was fine prior to me changing the pto
    I changed both oil pumps during the rebuild for new ones and the water pump seals. The block was cleaned and all passages blown out. I will need to check the pressure valve in the pto as I had it out to clean the pto when I updated the oiler for the super charger. I don't know the flow the oil travels to get to the pto and then back to the crank case.
    I think this caused my crank and rod to let go initially as it was starved for oil.
    I initially thought I was burning oil and that caused the disappearance of the oil but when I stripped it down the first time oil went everywhere.
    if anyone knows how the oil gets back to the crank case from the pto I'm sure we can work out what is causing this problem.

+1
    maybe this movie helps to find your problem

+1
    If your saying it was fine until you replaced the PTO, I would look into the oil pressure relief valve?

I now have the PTO off and have removed the valve setup. The cage and all parts look fine it only had the single spring setup. I do have another from my other pto which has the duel spring. All Pistons and cages slide in with no friction. Looks simple enough install is there any particular way the piston needs to sit as it has a few holes around it. I guess it must spin on its own. Could any oil sensors be causing the starving oil in the crank case too.

+1
    I know this sounds REALLY stupid but, is your rotor installed in your oil pump? Sounds like it's not pumping. But damn, you should be showing something on the stick. You sure your stick isn't broke? Oil cooler clogged? I like to swap coolers after internal damage in case debris gets in & shuts down the oil cooler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information