Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83

    Excessive vibration from Kanaflex after ET 127 install

    Hey guys not sure if its normal or not but my Kanaflex tubing has excessive vibration after I installed my ET 127. It seems like its sucking for air but nothing is blocking the tubing. I have it secured to the SC with the adapter and then run up to the storage bin and topped off with a KnN filter. If am running at say 35 mph it vibrates to the point where I can feel it shaking. Any tricks? I can't go with a rear air setup although if I have too I will. I tried adjusting the tubing to make the turn less restrictive but not successful that way.


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,625
    +1
    806
    One thing you might check is to see if the hose is resting on the driveline. That could cause a vibration if there's enough tension.

    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Hey guys not sure if its normal or not but my Kanaflex tubing has excessive vibration after I installed my ET 127. It seems like its sucking for air but nothing is blocking the tubing. I have it secured to the SC with the adapter and then run up to the storage bin and topped off with a KnN filter. If am running at say 35 mph it vibrates to the point where I can feel it shaking. Any tricks? I can't go with a rear air setup although if I have too I will. I tried adjusting the tubing to make the turn less restrictive but not successful that way.

  3. #3
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    One thing you might check is to see if the hose is resting on the driveline. That could cause a vibration if there's enough tension.

    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Hey guys not sure if its normal or not but my Kanaflex tubing has excessive vibration after I installed my ET 127. It seems like its sucking for air but nothing is blocking the tubing. I have it secured to the SC with the adapter and then run up to the storage bin and topped off with a KnN filter. If am running at say 35 mph it vibrates to the point where I can feel it shaking. Any tricks? I can't go with a rear air setup although if I have too I will. I tried adjusting the tubing to make the turn less restrictive but not successful that way.
    Very good thought. I actually have padded that area so that it won't rub. It is installed the same way when I had the stock charger with no issues just seems like this ET 127 is hungry for more air and this is when the issue started. Thanks!

  4. #4
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,625
    +1
    806
    Is the whole ski vibrating or just the rubber air intake hose?

    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Very good thought. I actually have padded that area so that it won't rub. It is installed the same way when I had the stock charger with no issues just seems like this ET 127 is hungry for more air and this is when the issue started. Thanks!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,829
    +1
    119
    I had a stock x charger on my 08 RXP with a front 4 inch and switched the charger out for an ET 140 LE and there was no noticeable change other than the sound and jump in performance. In short, I don't think your charger has anything to do with your issue you are having.

  6. #6
    Kosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,483
    +1
    83
    I had the same, that et does seem to produce some low rpm harmonics I'm guessing because it's really a cut down 137 wheel.
    Others have reported the same thing, the vibration went away with rear air even though I still have a reasonable length of flexible intake.

  7. #7
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,509
    +1
    234
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	348397
    Thats all you need I've ran my 140 for 3 years

  8. #8
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    I have fitted many 127 wheels and it always causes vibration by the air harmonics of the charger at lower rpm ...

    As Green bullet has shown , use a rear air pod and most of the vibration will disappear ....or just get use to it and enjoy the power ..

  9. #9
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    Thanks guys thats what I figured. Glad its a known problem. Ill try some rear air mock ups. At least now if ppl search theyll see this thread. I couldnt find anything.

  10. #10
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,509
    +1
    234
    Easy to make. Just like mine there
    ive tested a few 4 in air setups even a full rear air vented to the back and this intake I still used is the best I've tested. Pulls hard. Is loud and not a noticeable performance loss

    Ive tested it with 127 137 and 140 charger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Et 127 install
    By Kmorningstar_rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 07:37 PM
  2. Carb Adjustment After D-Plate Install????
    By stepjl in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 06:47 AM
  3. Loud Backfire After D Plate Install
    By GP1300r110 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 10:27 AM
  4. idling rough after riva intake install
    By Insanediego Joe in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 09:49 PM
  5. Throttle cable adjustment after finger throttle install?
    By Griff350 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •