Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2011 wave runner vx 110 help!! Won't start

I bought two vx110s drove both both worked. Got home one won't start it won't do anything the key fab doesn't even do anything every once in a while it will make a small noise but that's rare. I took it in guy thought it was the computer so I picked it up and swapped them it's not the computer it's also not the battery or battery in fab. It's got to be electrical it won't do anything the screen display is blank and the only light it gets is a green led will light for a brief second when I reconnect battery. Any ideas? I'd like to try a few things myself before I take it back in if possible. could it be a ground?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like a loose connection some where, trace all the battery cables and ecu grounds and make sure they are tight and clean....fresh or salt water?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Sounds like a loose connection some where, trace all the battery cables and ecu grounds and make sure they are tight and clean....fresh or salt water?
    saltwater/brackish

More info I checked some wires and decided to put jumpers on it its cranking like it wants to start but won't. Also my other Battery that works in my other boat won't work in this one tho either

Take jumpers off and nothing solenoid just clicks

+1
    Have you had them since new? Did you properly flush them and engine bay after each ride?

No. It worked one minute then won't the next. It will only start with jumper cables and that's only sometimes other times the speedo screen won't even light up. It's twin ski runs like a champ

+1
    They werent flushed and cleaned? I would take all connections and grounds apart and make sure they are clean...I would start with the grounds...

I found a blown 20 amp fuse now the display will work on and off and I got it started but only with the jumpers from my truck on the battery otherwise it won't do anything. Is there a tech manual online or something I don't know where the grounds are. I'll try and find them by visual.

+1
    Battery( it sounds like you've tested with a known working one)
    Cable connections - possible corrosion at connections (ground and play follow the cables)
    disconnect it and check/clean corrosion, wire-brush etc, I'd check all connections I could see
    Fuses - I'd check all, one at a time and make sure they are all making a good connection, wire-brush the tabs a bit.
    Possibly have the battery tested a a local auto shop for free to make sure it can take a load.

My blank screen display was solved with a fuse replacement, also put in a new battery as it was past due

I'm sure someone else will chime in for a 2011 manual , I only have 07 service and user manuals

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information