Thread: MPH Change?

+1

MPH Change?

Quick question for you guys, do you see massive swings in speed from weather changes? I used to think my ski was hurt or something lol. when the air is cool and dry with cool water temps i have seen 79.4 on GPS today it was a bit hotter and humid and the best she could muster is 76 and struggles to hit 75 at times. It does this all the time and the Yamahas dont seem as susceptible to changes in air and water temps as the seadoos as both my buddies have fzr's and they vary a mph or 2 at most, any thoughts on this? I have seen as high as a 4 mph fade.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    Quick question for you guys, do you see massive swings in speed from weather changes? I used to think my ski was hurt or something lol. when the air is cool and dry with cool water temps i have seen 79.4 on GPS today it was a bit hotter and humid and the best she could muster is 76 and struggles to hit 75 at times. It does this all the time and the Yamahas dont seem as susceptible to changes in air and water temps as the seadoos as both my buddies have fzr's and they vary a mph or 2 at most, any thoughts on this? I have seen as high as a 4 mph fade.
    Temp, humidity, and pressure all effect engine power output and speed. Heat soak will also effect the efficiency of the intercooler.

+1
    Your stock cooler is getting heat fade. When I was running my stock IC after the very first speed run the rpm and speed would go down consistently. Fizzle it!

+1
    I understand that weather, pressure and humidity can play havoc on power, but why would the seadoos be more effected than a yamaha? There are days where I freight train my buddies 14 fzr with a bit of stuff done and then there are days we are dead even. It's like they don't fall victim to the weather changes near as bad, or they have a much better intercooler? I'm just thinking out loud here, I like learning these things haha

+1
    Maybe the closed loop vs. open loop comes into play as far as cooling efficiency.

6. +1 by:

Thread Information