Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vtec or anyone take a look at my log please!

Hi Guys went out yesterday and below is my log. Fuel pressure was at 60psi static was running the vt11 Jesus tune 8900 was able to spin to 8700 ish most of the day. This is a 36 min log. Any suggestions? Iv been waiting for vtech to unlock my map editor and as of 2 days ago I wasent able to edit. Looking more at the log looks like I was closer to 8800 alot of the time but dash I swore was steady at 8720 for about a 15 min run (No Not Steady WOT)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60 psi 8900 Jesus Tune 8750rpm.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	348513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOT Darker Blue Area.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	348514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Begining Of WOT Run.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	348515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cruise.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	348516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Idle Area.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	348517  
    Last edited by scantone; 12-21-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: More areas of map

Heres The AFR Chart And The EGTs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFR Chart.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	348519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFR Better View.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	348520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EGTS.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	348521  

+1
    IMO turn up the fuel psi
    I believe your dangerously lean

once you get you fuel mapping working then you can turn the fuel psi back down

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    IMO turn up the fuel psi
    I believe your dangerously lean

once you get you fuel mapping working then you can turn the fuel psi back down
    I wanted to try and have the map adjusted IDK playing with the fuel pressure in my opinion is just a band aid also running a stock fuel pump. But if I cant get the map adjusted I will definatly have to do raise it up!

+1
    Unfortunately I barely know how to read those charts, but looks like you were in the 13 - 14's at wot. Odd thing is that looks like 11.9 shows cold (too rich) and looks like green is about 12.5 - 12.7.

We have similar setups with the exception that I have the cam and Aeromotive 340 fuel pump but you have the IC and waterbox and you are turning about 200 more rpm more rpm than me. I started the day out at 62 psi base pressure and was running 11.9 - 12.0 afr, later in the day I turned it down to 60 psi and was still at 11.9 - 12.0 afr. I think with those long WFO runs my IC was getting heat soaked. Also I have been told that with our setup and stock charger 11.9 - 12.0 is to rich and if I were to run it closer to 12.7 afr I would pick up 100 - 200 rpm, but I would rather run it on the safe side (but according the the charts may be too safe?). Looking at your AFR, you are leaner than that which may be why you were about 200 rpm more than me?

That logger is very nice tool! You have a sweet setup!

+1
    Ignore the EGT, there is nothing there, that data is noise that vtech is capturing. I too thought it was real data at first..

High 12's AFR is not dangerous when using an X charger with an A/M IC (but you do want to lower it a bit). For those looking at the last two columns (9100, 9450), that is simply from free-revving (cavitation) so it will naturally appear lean.

You and I have very similar setups and RPM (also with VT11, but with Walbro 255 @ 60psi static). The Jesus tune is an okay starting point (one of the better tunes if one can't datalog it and has VT11) and once you begin to actually "auto tune" you will see a bit a fuel will be added across the map. ATM I'm running "171" at WOT on my fuel map. From looking at your chart, you seem to be close (169 or 170) to that. That will keep it pretty safe on top. Once you begin with the "autotune", your bottom/mid will pick up pretty good. I picked up lots.

When you begin logging so you can use the autotune feature, try all you can to NOT cavitate or hit the limiter!

I actually like the vtech data logger more than I thought I would. Its a slick piece!

ps. Are you cavitating really bad from 0-10mph? What intake grate? Ever since the air dropped in the mid 70's and been autotuning, the cavitation is extremely bad.

7. +1 by:

+1
    HI,

Send me an email and i will try to help you...and also i will check if i can unlock your maptune.

[email protected]

9. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Ignore the EGT, there is nothing there, that data is noise that vtech is capturing. I too thought it was real data at first..

High 12's AFR is not dangerous when using an X charger with an A/M IC (but you do want to lower it a bit). For those looking at the last two columns (9100, 9450), that is simply from free-revving (cavitation) so it will naturally appear lean.

You and I have very similar setups and RPM (also with VT11, but with Walbro 255 @ 60psi static). The Jesus tune is an okay starting point (one of the better tunes if one can't datalog it and has VT11) and once you begin to actually "auto tune" you will see a bit a fuel will be added across the map. ATM I'm running "171" at WOT on my fuel map. From looking at your chart, you seem to be close (169 or 170) to that. That will keep it pretty safe on top. Once you begin with the "autotune", your bottom/mid will pick up pretty good. I picked up lots.

When you begin logging so you can use the autotune feature, try all you can to NOT cavitate or hit the limiter!

I actually like the vtech data logger more than I thought I would. Its a slick piece!

ps. Are you cavitating really bad from 0-10mph? What intake grate? Ever since the air dropped in the mid 70's and been autotuning, the cavitation is extremely bad.
    I'm running the Riva Intake Grate and with the trim all the way down I don't feel any cavitating at all. Now if I don't have it full down it will but I figure that was normal.

Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSEADOO View Post
    HI,

Send me an email and i will try to help you...and also i will check if i can unlock your maptune.

[email protected]
    Done

I just looked at your TOP WOT and your fueling is Ok!

Choose download as CSV and then open i Excel or similar and you can study yourself the fueling.
    Next time you log, enable the igniton timing option so we can see more what is happening.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information