Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dead motor from water ingestion rebuild or scrap ?

Hi guys I have a 04 rxp that some clown before me had joined the exhaust with a piece of steel pipe the pipe rusted through and pumped ski full of water. When I backed off all water rushed forward and into the intake. The rear cylinder had a smashed plug and no compression , coolant level still fine and no hole in block I can see.
    now my problems are do I spend the $$ and fix it or cut my losses I already have a 13 fxsho but I've been bitten by the speed bug and if I fix it I'd want a 80mph+ ski . Is this hull suited to them kinda speeds and what proven combination of mods will give me the kinda speed I'm after

thanks in advance Shane

+1
    no on an 04 rxp doing 80, it's probably possible but I can tell you that my 04 rxp is not very stable at 72. I would just fix it, throw a new rod in there and go.

Thanks might have to look at making the fxsho fast than haha

+1
    It is very possible to go 80 on an 04 and it handles it just fine.
    My 05 RXP was was around 80 with x charger/Riva ECU and supporting mods.
    It all comes down to the money you are prepared to spend. To fix it and go 80mph presuming it's stock will probably be at least 3-4k.

5. +1 by:

3-4k isn't a lot to get to 80 been quoted around 6k to get the big Yamaha to 80s so for around 7k I could have a second ski in the water and faster hehe could you give me a rundown of the parts you used on yours I have a new factory external inter cooler here that didn't get to be fitted prior to the blow up also

I've found a 185hp sc motor at a good price is the block and internals the same as a 215 ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie04rxp View Post
    I've found a 185hp sc motor at a good price is the block and internals the same as a 215 ?
    The block is the same, I don't think the pistons are, I believe the 215 are forged.

I've seen x charger rxp's out here and they were mid 70's not 80.

Thanks toxic gun

+1
    Sorry, I should clarify. With the x charger (and flat water and a tail wind) I was high 70s. You would probably want the next step up in charger to be at 80.
    My setup was x charger, Riva ecu, 50lb injectors, CMD, Ferrea valves, Riva retainers, mild port job, 4" intake, 15/20 solas pitched, bored throttle body, external cooler, 08 Riva exhaust, Riva ride plate, heat exchanger, free mods etc. I did all the work myself and sourced the parts at the best prices I could find. If you pay someone else to do the work it gets more expensive.
    Let me know if you want any more help. I have some spares that may help (rods, pistons, block etc.)

Turbo nut thank you and I will be needing parts motor hasn't been striped yet I took it to a Sydney work shop where it sat for 5 months and didn't touch it think I'll get my old man a mechanic to do it just don't want to buy stuff twice when chasing speed and appreciate all help and advice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information