Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2013 fxsho goal of 80 mph

Hi guys been doing lots of reading but after first hand experience of getting a fxsho to 80+ been given rough figures of around $6k I'm quite handy and can do most things myself but looking for proven combos of mods to keep ski reliable
    thanks in advance Shane

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    you can go 80 far less

R3
    Jim's mod stock plate
    fizzle intercooler
    rrpr
    et low boost wheel
    14/24 prop
    84mm exit nozzle

there is not 6k there should be low 80's

+1
    Joey is trying to point you in the right direction. But the 2013 FX's do require a bit more boost & mods to break into the 80's. First mod is an R&D grate w ppk asap. Then a couple of small things are a "Leo's wedge" to go along with "Jim's modded oem plate" those 2 mods alone really wake the ski up for handling (plus 2-3 mph) & are a good foundation to start throwing boost at.

You will also need to open up your steering nozzle to approx 92mm with a flapper wheel, as you already have an oem 87mm exit nozzle. It is (90 x 86mm) stock, so the end result may be oval(ish) as well. Or you can just order up a R&D nozzle from the store -
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1017

If you want the "original recipe" for an 80's FX, feel free to shoot me a PM..
    Last edited by WP3223; 12-23-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Joey is trying to point you in the right direction. But the 2013 FX's do require a bit more boost & mods to break into the 80's. First mod is an R&D grate w ppk asap. Then a couple of small things are a "Leo's wedge" to go along with "Jim's modded oem plate" those 2 mods alone really wake the ski up for handling (plus 2-3 mph) & are a good foundation to start throwing boost at.

You will also need to open up your steering nozzle to approx 92mm with a flapper wheel, as you already have an oem 87mm exit nozzle. It is (90 x 86mm) stock, so the end result will be oval as well. Or you can just order up a R&D nozzle from the store -
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1017

If you want the "original recipe" for an 80's FX, feel free to shoot me a PM..
    thanks yes please send me the recipe I have noticed it just don't seem to have the grunt out of tight turns my seadoo had is there a way to wake it up in that way too or will that affect top speed

+1
    Don't forget the RIBBON DELETE!

I recently built (2) 2009 FX SHO's that were not far from 80 (76.5 GPS) with R3, R&D Grate, ribbon delete, B1 Wheel, SVHO Intercooler, Solas 13/22, Jim's SHO Plate and a few other goodies. With that being said, a larger intercooler (such as Riva 18005 or Fizzle), a C3 wheel and some nozzle work, you should be on the verge of 80.

6. +1 by:

I know it's a newbie question but how much different is the svho cooler

8. +1 by:

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    its a little bit bigger than stock, you won't get 80 with it in the Australian heat

+1
    Hit up watson racing on the goldy, ribbon insert, stage 4 flash, 18psi wheel, 1000cc injectors ,cooling kit and something like a type 13 intercooler with a 14/25 solas prop should see you at 80mph providing you have intake grate and ride plate setup right.
    FZSAUST and another mate both have this setup plus/minus other parts both running over 80mph on full tanks in stinkin hot air both fz hulls, an fx shouldnt be far off. They are still very reliable, like anything dont run it to its limit youll be right.

$6k is a bit excessive imo buy the parts and do it yourself this forum has more than enough info to get you through and if not theres usually a reply within a few hours.

11. +1 by:

Thanks guys I'm heading to Brisbane next week might pop in and talk to Watson
    one thing I do want to keep is the no wake and cruise assist if possible can Watson reflash Keep them or not ?

+1
    In the sent PM, I forgot to mention one important detail - A "Coco" tunnel reinforcement. It's becomes a must have once you start thinking about the 80's.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2639

Good luck with your build!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information