+1

rxtx260 throwing water

just got my first seadoo, recently came from a ultra 260x, first time i started it it threw up an engine light and a code for a throttle body problem, disconnected battery and engine light has gone, called seadoo and they have told me that maybe the throttle body got stuck for a second but my ski went in limp home mode, i asked is there any way of saving the throttle body, and he said take the intercooler pipe off going to the throttle body and spray it with lube, so i did that, while i was at it i noticed if i put my hand in the intercooler outlet there is a bunch of water, and when i started and revved a couple times without the pipe on to spray some lube, the intercooler was spraying some water mist, does this sound right? its a 2010 rxtx260 and he told me the 2010 do not have the recall on intercooler, the 2011 are the ones with the bad cooler, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by james747 View Post
    just got my first seadoo, recently came from a ultra 260x, first time i started it it threw up an engine light and a code for a throttle body problem, disconnected battery and engine light has gone, called seadoo and they have told me that maybe the throttle body got stuck for a second but my ski went in limp home mode, i asked is there any way of saving the throttle body, and he said take the intercooler pipe off going to the throttle body and spray it with lube, so i did that, while i was at it i noticed if i put my hand in the intercooler outlet there is a bunch of water, and when i started and revved a couple times without the pipe on to spray some lube, the intercooler was spraying some water mist, does this sound right? its a 2010 rxtx260 and he told me the 2010 do not have the recall on intercooler, the 2011 are the ones with the bad cooler, is that correct?
    Take a look here. There's a raft of threads about leaky OEM IC's. In short, doesn't matter how old, which year (after 2008. ), there WILL be issues at some stage. Answer, swap out to Riva GEN3 or Fizzle before it destroys your engine.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...rcooler%2Bpoll

btw, it is possible for condensation to collect in the cooler element, but this should blow out quickly and be more of a mist rather than a solid spray.

+1
    I just diagnosed a suspected leaky intercooler on my '14 RXT-260. I sent it to Riva to have it inspected (it was a Gen 3) and it had a small leak. I put together some fittings, lines, and a pressure gage to perform a leak test myself as part of my regular maintenance program. According to the factory Sea-Doo manual it should hold 10 psi for 10 minutes. I found it was too hard to tell the difference between condensation and a leak. It is a frustrating thing to have happen since it can cause an engine failure if it isn't detected.

Thread Information