Mfi speedo problem.

Hi this happened after testing the speedo with compressed air after i got no readings on the water after changing the hose added a new hose and about 25 psi i test worked fine.

But after a day it started to act weird as when it wakes up it slowly rises to 40 to 45 mph and stays there.? Any way to fix it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	348533
    Last edited by K447; 12-22-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Did you perhaps spike the air or water pressure to something WAY higher than 25 PSI?

Inside the MFI is a pressure transducer that converts the pressure to an electronic signal. The transducer has an upper limit in terms of pressure it can handle without damage.

Disconnect the clear hose from back of display. Disconnect the Deutsch electrical plug from back of display. Wait ten minutes or so. Leave clear hose unconnected. Reconnect display power.

Does the speedo needle now behave normally? Full sweep upon power up, then settle back to zero.

If speedometer dial is now behaving, look for a kink or clog in the clear hose or the pitot itself. Trapped air pressure will cause weird readings on the display, the hose must be open and easily flow out the pitot fin.

As a check I sometimes connect a water hose to the clear hose end behind the display (not to the display, to the hose end) and use MILD water pressure to create a back flow out the pitot. Look for a thin stream of water coming out from under the pump tunnel onto the ground.

No hose is new and fine. It does it after hours after i unplug the dispay does its sweep thing and comes back up to 40 no matter what. Sometimes it work and sometimes not everything else works

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris gen 1 View Post
    No hose is new and fine. It does it after hours after i unplug the dispay does its sweep thing and comes back up to 40 no matter what. Sometimes it work and sometimes not everything else works
    The needle sweeps all around and then settles at 40 even with the clear hose is not connected?

If so then the something inside the display is broken.

Thread Information