Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucky 13 Cone

Lucky 13 Cone

Hey guys I installed the Lucky 13 cone and I have to say it is an amazing piece. I was running in the 9600-9650 zone, on the outer limits with a supercharged ski and had tried a prop change to tone it down a bit and lost rpms AND speed.
    I bought the lucky 13 cone from Jerry and had it on last weekend testing and the results are really nice. I went from mid 9600s to 9360 rpm and lost zero speed on a supercharged ski.
    Remember with a supercharged engine anytime you lower rpms you lose boost and power. My data logs show I lost around 1 pound of boost by the rpm drop, but did not lose any speed. That is a rare find...
    I have played around with a lot of different prop and exit nozzles and have never lost 300 rpm without losing speed, and especially on a combo I have been running for quite a while now that is highly efficient on top speed. Now its even more efficient!

I have my plate setup very loose where I had to keep my body weight and head as far forward as possible when making a pass to alleviate any bounce from the bow.
    When making passes with the lucky 13 cone I immediately noticed how the handling had changed, and was able to throw my body weight as far back as I could get it, and I am 6-3 so I can stretch it, and the ski stayed rock solid with zero bounce. A really nice added benefit.
    Now its time to loosen the plate a little and throw it back on the edge and see what happens.
    Great product Jerry, nice to experience truth in advertising.
    Typically rpm gains or losses, numbers, are a bit exaggerated in hopes of stimulating sales.
    Not the case here.

+1
    Hey
    i do also have jerry's lucky 13 cone.
    and i have only good to say about it on a old fzr and a new svho fzs.
    i have it also to my gprsho converion but i havent hadd a chance to test it out yet.
    Thanks
    Thomas Wester

+1
    can you explain how you set your plate loose i also have the lucky 13 cone and am looking for the best set up for it.

By changing the shims in front and back Razzie..

+1
    I assume you ran the full 12mm of spacers? What are your exit and steering nozzle sizes?

Same pitch and nozzle I lost roughly 300rpm 3mph with or without any washers didnt matter.The cone definitely works but never seen the same mph back to back without touching anything else on a supercharged ski.Ross must be doing something right great work as usual

+1
    yeah sure for me to it wasn't a bolt on toy i needed to pitch the prop but i did get more speed than the stock cone "same on both skii"

and ross did have very high rpm and drop it only and hold the speed so if he want to go for the same rpm target he will increase in speed so its a win win

Without a big enough exit nozzle, I can see this turning your pump into a torque converter of sorts and lowering rpm but losing speed also. If this happens to you then nozzle up in size. You have to give the water somewhere to go. Spend a day at the water and do some back to back testing with at least 3 different exit nozzle sizes and shim pack setups on the cone is the only way you will find out what combo works best for your setup.

9. +1 by:

+1
    hi rossnemo can you tell what shims you used frontand back, merry xmas also to all.

+1
    After experiencing the L13 cone first hand I can assure you just as Ross Nemo that it will possitively give you a speed gain with a drop of RPMS and that just goes to show you how precise and efficient of a piece this is since we all know on our sport how rpms relays to mph almost every time.

Just like Ross and the instructions say put in the time to dial it in and Boom!!!!

Never did I think I could have had my OEM yamaha pump as efficient as it is with Zero cavitation!!! I wish I had have it on my VXR!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information