+1

New Year's Day 2015 at Lk Mead

I was wondering if anyone is interested in joining me for a ride on Mead? I am planning on launching around Gov't Wash, down the dirt road, sometime around 9:30. I heard there will be some others there on standups doing their Polar Bear ride. Me? I am just going to do some exploring, since I recently moved from Seattle. Just looking to meet some new enthusiasts.

Merry X-Mas!!

The Cap'n

I'm not so sure the standups are riding anymore (polar bear) since the 2-stroke ban recently....if those people even still own their skis.

I ride fairly often and all year round...I never see shit until the "fly-by-night owners" show up in summer with their recently purchased skis. Don't forget the river is a great ride too!

Meanwhile, welcome from Seattle!!

+1
    Thanks for info. I checked in with them over on PWCToday. They are still riding. I guess the ban is only enforced waterside. The gate seems to just take money, no matter what you ride. Kind of funny. Well, I will be out there if you want to meet up.

Happy New Year's!!

The Cap'n

I have company in town for New Years, so I'll just have to see how things pan out for me as far as getting out there. I know a couple of standups that have started riding the lake again but just not often (few times during summer).

If you've launched at govt. wash before, you may know how tricky it can be depending on the water level. I've gotten stuck there twice while other times it was kinda easy. So I prefer to just launch around Hemmenway and cruise to govt wash.

I ride a green 05 RXP. I'll hit you up if I make it for New Years...I know I'm going out the night before though. But I ride all year as long as I'm available and it's not super fukn cold (I need better cold weather shoes/gloves).

Sean

+1
    No problem buddy. And as for gear, in winter I treat her like the boat that she is. Warm fuzzies under rain gear. Sounds strange, but it works GREAT!! I wouldn't do that on a ski beacuse I have a tendency to freestyle, but on a R/A? Perfect. Some winter motorcycle gloves, mud boots with thermal socks, a helmet. Things I have learned while living in the NW. Besides, wetsuits only work when they are wet. When riding a r/a, you spend too much time out of the water and it just keeps drying out the wetsuit. Rinse-Dry-Rinse-Repeat. Every time it dries, you lose more heat.

The Cap'n

+1
    Guys, I'm working on an article featuring New Year's Day PWC rides, if I can collect the data. Would any of you be interested in contributing? If so, please PM me - I will need to know your riding area, approx. miles, and a nice group pic or two. If interested, please PM me.

+1
    Happy New Year's!! I ended up launching at 10:20. Followed the shore, real close like, up to Boulder Point and then back down the East side. There's a lot of really cool places to check out. Spotted 2 coyotes, and some eagles. 80 miles on the gps. Sorry, no pics.

The Cap'n

Hey man obviously I skipped out - for a reason or two. I have a friend in town and didn't think it would be fair to skip out for half the day.

Still have company, but when are you riding again?
    I'm flying to New Orleans later this week (Fri-Mon).

sean

+1
    Not a problem, brother. Shoot me a message when you get back and we can set something up.

I ain't into speeding around everywhere, but I love skirting the shallows and rocks.

The Cap'n

Oh I don't go "everywhere" either. I pick a general area and just hammer on it for the whole tank

It's looking like I'll have a shot at riding sometime tomorrow before heading out of town on Thurs night!

Thread Information