rio step jet boat 1200 polaris engine

merry christmas!!! found a project? rio step jet boat with polaris 1200 carb engine. have not gone to look at yet about 2 hour drive away. guy clams it is all there? and engine runs fine but drive shaft and or pump makes a clanking sound? so my question is IF? it is a broken drive shaft or pump related problem? what year and model skis would i want to look at for replacement parts? from the pics he has sent it seems to be a regular or very similar polaris pwc drive system? but pump sticks way out rear of hull so i assume extended pump? reverse bucket seems to be made out of some cast metal? any of you guy's familiar with these? any help greatly appreciated!! enjoy your christmas!!

Banned User
    Milwaukee WI
    Im sure we can help you with this easily. the Polaris jet pumps are easy to repair. Some pump rattle is normal on a Polaris out of the water due to the free floating drive shaft. The pump parts from Polaris are essentially the same from 1994-2004, just different impellers for different applications, and 2 different pump vane sections. one is a 5 vane aluminum model, and the other a 6 vane stainless steel version. The 6 vane stainless stator is the better choice. There are plenty of good used parts out there, as well as new parts being available from Polaris or aftermarket suppliers.

Newman Lake, WA
    I have a Rio. It's got a carbed 1200 Polaris engine/drivetrain out of a '00-'01 Virage TX. It has a standard Polaris extended jet pump setup... long driveshaft, 6 vane stainless stator and extended ride plate.

Check out these other threads for more info. Or just search for 'Rio'.

seat parts - anyone know where i could get a bottom seat cushion

Thread Information