+1

Who bought an extended service contract but not BEST?

At the time of purchase, I was sold into buying a 4 year extended service contract with my RXP. Its with Western Service Contract Corp. and it has a $0 deductible per occurrence. It covers the same or even more than
    BEST and was at a slightly lower cost.

My question is the whole service contract process. For example lets say my 1 year sea doo warranty is over for my 06 RXP and all sorts of stuff starts going wrong with it, what do I do next?

Will any shop help me? Does it have to be a dealer? Do I have to call the extended contract service company to find places to take it?

I started feeling a little strange once I realized that I have a extended service contract but I am completely ignorant about its use.

I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!

I think you would...

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    ...have to call the extended contract service company to find places to take it?

I would assume if your dealer sold you the contract you could bring the ski back to the dealer for service.......

I've been lurking on this site for months but decided to register to provide some input on this thread.

I spent a number of years in the Automotive Service Contract field and there's a HUGE difference between the Factory Backed Service Contract and the "Brand X" type coverages.

In fairness, things may be different with PWCs, but I doubt it.

I would suggest that you call three dealers in your area and ask their Service Department if they accept your Service Contract. If they tell you that they want you to pay upfront and seek reimbursement from your Service Contract company, it's time to get concerned.

By contrast, if all three Service Departments indicate that they would be happy to accept the coverage, then that can help to put your mind at ease.

If you're still under Factory Warranty Coverage, now is the perfect time to get this question answered.

Good luck with your investigation.

+1
    Thanks, you provided excellent feedback for your first post!

I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    Thanks, you provided excellent feedback for your first post!

I appreciate the help.
    Thanks for the kind words......

I was thinking last night that you may be able to cancel your existing contract and purchase a BEST plan with the proceeds in the event you find that your local dealers do not accept the "Brand X" Plan.

There's a dealer on EBay that sells the BEST 3 Year Plan for $679. (Three years on top of the Factory Warranty = Four Years Total Coverage)

Since most States require that Service Contracts be eliglible for a pro-rata cancellation, you may be able to swap coverage for little or no expense.

One final thought, you may want to look through your "Brand X" Service Contract and see if they use the term "like kind and quality" when they refer to replacement parts. This is "legal-speak" for junkyard/used parts.

Either way, good luck and you're smart to be doing this research now before you have a problem.

+1
    great thanks!

Quick update after talking with my dealer:

Although my service contract is a $0 deductible, my dealer will have to do a diagnostic test which runs $150!!!

Thread Information