Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Intermittent fault with RXP X 260

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone can maybe help me out with a sporadic issue I was getting today while out on my PX 260. It keeps running fine and every now and again when I strike a sharpish wave, not jumping it, just one of those that bang the hull at WOT the revs will suddenly drop to 4k even with the throttle still fully in and I eventually get the check engine light. As soon as I let the throttle out, the light goes out and it will pull fully back up the rev range agin as if nothing has happened. Then couple of minutes later it will hit in a certain way and do it all again. No fault codes showing and I can make the cluster display any. Not sure if I am doing it right though.

Is this likely to bee a loose connection or spark plug/coil issue? Only just got it back from the dealer after the major service.

Terry

+1
    What's your oil level at and what oil are you running?

Would be whatever the seadoo dealer put in and it was only serviced like 1 hour ago. Level seems fine.

+1
    Seems fine or is fine? Personally the one time I would be most concerned with confirming the oil level is first run after a dealer Service. Low oil level can cause the oil pressure switch to intermittently trip. Does not sound like that's causing your issue but it's nice to start with the basics.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I agree with Sayers. After I had my RXP-X serviced, I was on the water and had the oil light go on at one point. Turned out the dealer did not put enough oil. ALWAYS check your ski after its been to the dealer, especially in peak periods where they may tend to work fast because of volume.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZadoX View Post
    I agree with Sayers. After I had my RXP-X serviced, I was on the water and had the oil light go on at one point. Turned out the dealer did not put enough oil. ALWAYS check your ski after its been to the dealer, especially in peak periods where they may tend to work fast because of volume.
    Yeah checked the oil its all okay.

Also I never got an oil light, just loss of power until i released the throttle, as soon as i did the light goes out and full power is available again.

+1
    What year is the ski? Have you had the recalled MATS replaced?

I would go over the SC/ IC hoses closely and make sure one has not popped off. This can cause the ski to go in and out of limp and not display a code. Would also make sense that it's happening when your coming unhooked as there's a boost spike that could be causing a loose hose to open up.

+1
    Oddly enough, I went through this today check engine light but no codes and then the ski was doing it even on flat water later in the day. I found my injector pigtails seem like they are not making good connection.
    Do you have any mods?

Thanks for the responses so far.

No my ski is completely stock.

wondering if a trip to the dealer will be a waste of time seen as there are no fault codes.

+1
    if the light came on at any point, there is codes stored in the computer. you just cant read them without a scanner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information