Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2013 rxp 260 problems

Hi guys I'm hoping someone will be able to help me solve this issue I'm having. I bought a seadoo 2013 rxp 260 with 43 hours on it. I took it out for its first run and had bad cavitation of the line. So I took it into my seadoo mechanic to give it a service and look into this cavitation problem. He found the pump seal twisted and replaced it and gave the ski a full service aswell as I put on a 4 inch air intake system on and installed a worx intake grate and I also got the computer remapped to give me more power. So I just took the ski out for a run and the cavitation is still there off the line and now I'm getting 8400 rpm instead of the 8080 rpm cause of the computer which is great but I am still only hitting top speed at 115 kph. So no different top end speed from a stock ski. I'm pretty disappointed that I'm not hitting a higher top end speed aswell as having the cavitation there I'm not getting a goog hull shot out of the water. Anyone out there had a similar problem.
    Also I didn't change the wear ring as the mechanic said the ring and prop were in excellent condition.

+1
    Change the ring

+1
    Yeah mate that's what I was thinking of doing aswell. It can't hurt to change it!!!!!!!

+1
    Also what kind of resaults do you think I should be getting with these mods I've done. Just so I know what I should be looking at getting out of this ski do I know what to go by!!!
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutties View Post
    Also what kind of resaults do you think I should be getting with these mods I've done. Just so I know what I should be looking at getting out of this ski do I know what to go by!!!
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Without a prop change not a lot, but the ski will feel a lot better with the limiters removed.
    What are the rpm limiters set at and whats the target prop speed with that Flash?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutties View Post
    Yeah mate that's what I was thinking of doing aswell. It can't hurt to change it!!!!!!!
    Put an SS ring in it.

+1
    To be honest Sayers I'm not to sure what the flash tune was set too. I only know that I can hit 8390- 8410 rev on reasonably flat water. I saw on a free rev it was just hitting roughly 8550 revs. If you think a ss ring would be best I most defiantly will go down that path. If installing a new prop will help me get better resaults I would get one for sure!!!!! I'm after Best of both worlds with great holshot for jumping aswell as great top end speed. �� any you can recommend mate??
    i would really like to come close to hitting 75 mph

+1
    Solas 15/20r pitched on pitch block to 14/19 worked great for me. Throw in the R&D pump seal too while you have the pump out. At 8400 you should see 75 easy. I can't comment on the Worx grate as most of us run R&D grate and have minor cavitation vs.the stock grate.

+1
    Ok sweet. What I might do first is install a ss wearing and r&b pump seal in and see if that eliminates my problem ( fingers crossed) if that works I'll get one of those props u mentioned and might also swap out the intake grate with either a riva or r&d intake grate.

Thanks for helping me out with some info guys. I'll let you know how I go!!

+1
    You are starting to push the stock valve train @ 8400 and if your only seeing max 8550 when limiters are cutting in it sounds like you could be close to the limiter @ 8400. Find out from DCC what the limiters are and what the target prop speed is meant to be.

A prop change on the T3 brings a huge speed increase at the same RPM, so put that high on your list if you want to see 75mph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information