Identifying Supercharger Fogging Access and impeller rattle

Hi everyone.

1. I've been looking for advice on the access point for me to fog my supercharger but have struggled finding a picture - I know this has been asked before and apologise for asking again- so have attached a picture of my ski hoping someone would be kind enough to point out which it is and wether I am looking at the right area. Is it the hose with the clamp on the housing to the supercharger or the littler one next to it? 2. I've read that the rattle I'm hearing in the impeller area whilst the ski is out of the water (idling with hose attached and water flowing) is quite normal - just for my peace of mind could someone please confirm this for me to put my mind at rest. I don't want to head on out only to be brought back in by the Coastguard! Many thanks

SORRY - I posted in the wrong area. Apologies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0095.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	348795
    Last edited by Mitnos; 12-30-2014 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Stuffed up the post area

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitnos View Post
    2. I've read that the rattle I'm hearing in the impeller area whilst the ski is out of the water (idling with hose attached and water flowing) is quite normal - just for my peace of mind could someone please confirm this for me to put my mind at rest.
    -----------------------

To quiet this "rattle" you are speaking of - simply put some nice Marine Grease on the shaft splines - this will quiet the "rattle" at an idle - while running on the garden hose.

Reference:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2281529

Here's a procedure one of our "Aussie Mates" wrote to remove your pump (assuming you have an Ultra-300x (worked perfectly):

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206925

Lastly - assuming you have an Ultra-300x fogging your supercharger is easy - simply follow the information displayed in your owners manual - reference this illustration here:

Name:	SANY6426.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	348814

I use this fogging oil:

Name:	Fogging_Oil.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	348813

If you have an earlier model Kawasaki Ultra Supercharged ski - some guys perform the following modification to facilitate fogging:

Name:	IMG00578-20120507-1622.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	348815

I believe the location for this fitting is here:

Name:	jetski-500-kawasaki-jet-ski-ultra-300x-6wtmk.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	348816

Good Luck !!!

3. +1 by:

Your chatter and rattle is coming from your engine coupling thats connect the drive shaft to the pump. Totally normal.

5. +1 by:

Fantastic! Thank you very much for your help and guidance guys. Greatly appreciated. I have a 260LX (forgot to put that in my thread) so the modification looks like to way to go. It also confirmed that larger hose is a mongrel to get to to fog until I do the mod! I may well make it my project to apply grease to the shaft splines after summer here in NZ. Will need to invest in a service manual for the ski to. Thanks again

+1
    Make sure you have the double pump bearing setup - this should be the very first thing you do.

Timeout!!!!...Im very sorry. I dont know why i thought this was the yami section, but this information might not be correct for your Kawi. The chatter is heard till the engine is under load for 4 strokes , but im not familiar with your specific machine.

Im sorry, Im just a silly yamalog guy, in the wrong damn place...

Thread Information