Thread: Newbie question

Newbie question

So here is my first official post. (let the comments begin).

My question is that I am trading i my 07' FX HO with no mods and only 160 hours in for a 2015 FX SVHO Cruiser after the boat show and Yamaha comes down off of the golden sticker price... My question is that my other ski, 09 stock FX SHO Cruiser needs some upgrades to try and keep up with the SVHO. I am looking at reliable bolt on parts, not wanting to rebuild the engine, etc. Any advice will be appreciated.. Thanks for all of the comments ahead of time.

+1
    Send ECU in for R2 program. Send plate to Jim to get modded. (Contact him today he has a special thru today). RIVA stage 1 cooling kit. SVHO intercooler (Chup has one for sale in parts section.) Ribbon delete.

With the above you will be with the SVHO or actually possibly faster. All above are reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    Send ECU in for R2 program. Send plate to Jim to get modded. (Contact him today he has a special thru today). RIVA stage 1 cooling kit. SVHO intercooler (Chup has one for sale in parts section.) Ribbon delete.

With the above you will be with the SVHO or actually possibly faster. All above are reliable.
    Ok thanks. I have read a lot of the posts on here about the ribbon delete. What does it do?

+1
    Ribbon is a restrictor in front of throttle body. Acts as a flame arrestor of sorts but the filter acts as one. Its a major restriction and not needed

+1
    Know that there are other things that can be done for more power, but will be more money. If your goal is simply to run with a SVHO you wont need the best of best mods. Up to you. If you want more let us know.

+1
    LugNut said it best in post #2. My only objection is that the SVHO intercooler is only "mehhh" better than the SHO cooler.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    LugNut said it best in post #2. My only objection is that the SVHO intercooler is only "mehhh" better than the SHO cooler.
    Hence post 5 . You can always go bigger for sure but will it get him with a stock FX SVHO? You betcha. Can go type 14 if you wanted....or even R&D or Fizzle with a LB wheel

Thanks for the input and giving me too much crap about being new. I just need to find a good performance shop in my area. There is only 2 Yamaha dealers in KCMO and not sure of quality of work.

+1
    Don't forget an R&D intake grate if you don't already have one and pushing for more speed. Increases handling and avoid getting bucked off.

Thread Information