Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

310 props - anybody played yet?

Has anyone tried a different prop on a stock class legal 310 yet?
    Anybody willing to share anything? I'm planning on pulling my pump once my arm is right, purely to have a look,, maybe tidy up the stator casting (if the're actually any marks - don't know yet) and also thought about measuring the clearance between the end of the blades and the stator to dee how far setback it is.
    Speaking of which, has anyone tried doing a setback mod to the standard 300/310 prop?

Anybody doing anything trick in the pump area as this seems to be where most people refer to the best speed coming from.

I did see on ebay a four blade prop that had been modded to fit a Kawi, had been used in a high profile ultra. Maybe this avenue might need to be explored further?
    Last edited by GZA; 01-05-2015 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

+1
    Ok, so the pump is out. There appears to be approx 5-6mm from the end of the prop blade to the end of the liner. From the end of the prop blade to the front face of the stator looks to be about 12-13mm.
    Does anyone have their pump out of a 300 that could measure theirs to compare?

Also if anyone has played with this stuff but isn't willing for it to be in the public arena, please PM me - I'm trying to learn.

+1
    Ok, so we machined 3mm off the mating surface of the prop today. Machined 2mm off the outer lip, to close the gap up there to 1-2mm, and also had to machine a groove into the strengthening ribs.
    Doing this has reduced the clearance from the end of the blade to the stator to approx 9-10mm. This still seems to be a large gap compared to what others have done in the past on different skis that I can see searching old posts, but we can't really go any further due to the pump having a lip after the wear ring (don't want the blade out of the wear ring any way),and the stators being cast further back into the housing.
    Hope I don't blow the stator out or something silly like that!
    Prop back on pump, waiting to fit to ski.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3mm setback.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	349076

4. +1 by:

+1
    Setting back the prop to be closer to the stator vanes is a good inexpensive mod for a little better holeshot and acceleration ,did it on my Yamaha GPR gives you a little more pull from start though if you have cavitation problems from other issues it's not gonna help..

Its on my winter bucket list after I rebuild my pump..

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Looks good to me, does the 310 have the little penny sizrd cutouts on the front of the vanes like the 250 did?

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Looks good to me, does the 310 have the little penny sizrd cutouts on the front of the vanes like the 250 did?

Sean

Nope, they are straight now.

+1
    So racing over the weekend. Couldn't tell if there was any difference from this mod. Ski has zero cavitation, but never had any before anyway. Don't really know if it stayed hooked in the corners more.
    My body is telling me today that the ski is way more capable than I currently am! Ha.

+1
    So a flurry of new guys on here with 310's now it's warming up in the Northern Hemisphere. Anybody tried alternative props in a 310 yet?

+1
    Sent my stock prop to impros to be balanced blue printed and a race finish put on. can let you know if it makes a difference but Itll probably be very minimal since the pitch is the same .. Surprised these props don't come balanced from the factory.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    So a flurry of new guys on here with 310's now it's warming up in the Northern Hemisphere. Anybody tried alternative props in a 310 yet?

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information