Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Newbie from Wa State

My first post. I have rode on the Stand Up Jet Ski's in the past a few times. Love being out on the water. Its been a few years since I spent any amount of time out there. So this year I decided I wanted to troll the lakes and rivers here in Wa and Ore.

I have been reading here and online quite a bit about Waverunners. So much to choose from, since this will be my first. So I have narrowed it down to a few Ski's. Since I like to just cruise around, and an FZR would be a riot, probably just a bit too much right now, I think .

But going fast and carving high speed turns is ideal. I will mostly be riding solo. No family or kids to tow around. So once I get a Waverunner, I am sure I can always upgrade or downgrade. Since I have never owned one, I think this year will reveal much, once I have some seat time.

I have 3 that I am looking at and wonder what is the best deal and fit.

1) 2001 Yamaha GP1200R. 88 hours. No Trailer. 2999.00. About 2 hrs away. Need to still get a trailer. Blue and White. Looks clean. Sold by a dealer.

2) 2001 Yamaha GP1200R. Hours not sure. Shorelander Single Trailer. About 2 hrs away. Blue and White. Nice, looks clean. Sold by a private party. 3450.00.

3) 2004 Yamaha FX HO. 127 hours. 2599.00. 3 hours away. Need to get a trailer. Blue and White. Sold by a dealer. He states it's an FX 110, with 110 hp. ? Confused here, couldn't find any of the 2004 FX HO's with a 110 hp engine. I have seen the 140 and 160. The dealer sent this picture of the Waverunner.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fx110.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	348948

I found more info at PSN. Shows the same decal and color scheme as the FX HO with the 160 hp engine.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...hicleCode=8675

I think the dealer has a few things not correct about the FX HO. Am I correct or could this just be a 110 hp FX? Not sure. I could always buy it and give it a go. Then sell and try finding a GP1200R later. I know the GP is a 2 stroke and the FX is a 4 stroke. Any ideas? Which one? 1, 2 or 3?

Thanks
    LC

+1
    Welcome to green hulk

in my opinion having owned a few 2 strokes unless your a bab hand with a spanner and don't mind in the back of your mind thinking if you go far will it last I'd stick to a four stroke. I have a fzr now and would never look back, it's fast as f#^k handles like a dream! Plus reliable, the fx range are pretty much bullet proof the fx160 is the one I'd go for unless you want the best then get the fzr ��

+1
    Thanks for the help Timdog. I have seen a few Youtube vidoe's, on the frz, crazy fast. Starting out with the FX HO sounds good. Maybe one day I could upgrade to FZR, if and when I ever tire of the 160 hp models.

I'm in Vancouver,BC if you are ever up this far. The two strokes might have more punch, but will plan be more work. The fx skis arewicked for reliability and a great intro in the sport!

+1
    Another thing to consider: Many lakes are banning 2-strokes. If you get a 2-stroke, you may not be able to ride it where you want to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Another thing to consider: Many lakes are banning 2-strokes. If you get a 2-stroke, you may not be able to ride it where you want to.
    Thanks Ziggy, good point.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    I'm in Vancouver,BC if you are ever up this far. The two strokes might have more punch, but will plan be more work. The fx skis arewicked for reliability and a great intro in the sport!
    Thanks Doug, thanks for the invite. I hear there are a few good lakes in Bellingham.

+1
    Where will you do most of your riding? I'm just south of you a couple hours 😁

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Where will you do most of your riding? I'm just south of you a couple hours 
    Hey r33pwrd, I just added my location. I actually live south of Seattle about 2 hours in Longview. I am working on getting my first Ski. I decided to go with #3. I have a guy that will ship it from Spokane to Longview for a good price. I used Uship. He will be using an Enclosed Trailer. Should arrive next week. Hope all goes well. Will be on the Columbia, Lake Mayfield, Lake Merwin, Swift Resv. Maybe one day will make a visit north to the Seattle area.

Just saw your Trailer Build thread. Very nice. You can weld. I want to do the same one day. I have all the equipment, not the best welder, but can make it stick. I like the idea of larger wheels and tires too. 15". Hopefully this summer I can start.

10. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastcat View Post
    3) 2004 Yamaha FX HO. 127 hours. 2599.00. 3 hours away. ... Sold by a dealer. He states it's an FX 110, with 110 hp. ? Confused here, couldn't find any of the 2004 FX HO's with a 110 hp engine. I have seen the 140 and 160. The dealer sent this picture of the Waverunner.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fx110.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	348948

I found more info at PSN. Shows the same decal and color scheme as the FX HO with the 160 hp engine.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...hicleCode=8675

I think the dealer has a few things not correct about the FX HO. Am I correct or could this just be a 110 hp FX? Not sure...
    Did you nail down exactly which model you are actually buying?

And confirm the model year?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information