+1

Real Review: JetPilot Phantom Gloves

Our last few riding gear reviews have been a little too confined to a hardcore riders and PWC racers, so it’s actually kinda nice to write about something a tad more mainstream. The weather has been a tad on the schizophrenic side of things (Hello! Snow in Southern California and Lake Havasu?), so our usual hours on the lake have been dramatically reduced in recent weeks. Nevertheless, we’ve been pretty lucky to have had our hands on (and in) this pair of JetPilot Phantom Gloves for the better part of a year, providing us ample time to break ‘em in and see what breaks.

For gloves, we’re looking for two major attributes: ventilation/drainage and traction/grip. Obviously, fitment is a major factor, so much so that it’s sort of a given, but if the gloves fail either of the aforementioned characteristics, we’re not going to be too kind in the ranking department.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 01-05-2015 at 11:31 AM.

+1
    Thanks Kevin, I am in market for new ski gloves ... will check them out.

+1
    Whether it's Jet Pilot,Slippery,Jet Tribe they all make cold weather and warm weather gloves with all the goodies like Clarino ,anti slip gel,venting ..
    Dont know how many put just a few layers of first aid cloth tape around the palm and thumb under the gloves ,I've seen a few pros do it for offshore racing to avoid swollen hands in endurance riding ,I like it ,prolongs the setting in of hand fatigue and irritation ..

+1
    Of the three brands you mentioned JetDave56, I can assure you that the quality of the gloves are NOT the same. Without pointing fingers, one of those three uses the very lowest of quality materials, stitching and design time. There is a difference. I have pictures.

Frankly, I don't put much faith in the "anti slip gel" as you wrote (ie. the screen-printed vinyl adhered to the fingertips). One of these brands uses the equivalent of my 5-year-old daughter's puffy paint. It peels off immediately and offers as much traction as Bott's Dots work as speed bumps.

We've reviewed all three - Jettribe, JetPilot and Slippery. Read our reviews. You'll see a difference. You'll read that there's a difference. And we're testing a new batch of JOBE riding gear this season too, so expect reviews of that brand too.

+1
    I've used all 3 brands mentioned and though I rinse with fresh water after riding in salt water they all show wear after a season whether it's stitching is starting to come loose or peeling ..

Salt water riding wear is tough on everything,don't get me even started on the race shoes I had Jettribes and Jet pilot premier shoes ,needed polyurethane to keep them together ..
    Salt water and body heat understandably takes it's toll on the shoes..

Thread Information