Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prop Pitching

+1

Prop Pitching

How do some of these companies come up with these prop pitch numbers? The reason i ask is because i had read information floating around here that a stock rxpx260 prop measured something like a 13/18 i measured it last night and came up with ~14.5/20 to 15/20

my solas 15/19 that i got from riva measured 14/22 and i ended up pitching it to a 14/23.

Im just curious if maybe my gauge is off or what lol or maybe the companies have a different method of measuring like pitching blocks.

+1
    Both angles should be measured with the trailing edge end on a flat surface. The first photo looks like you have the prop upside down. Also the trailing edge looks closer to 19 degrees. That's why its always good to check the angles. Their QA department isn't the best.

Hi,i saw that in 8485RPM you go 79,4MPH...it is impossible that you wear 15/19 Solas, you wear exactly 15/22 for me.I wear 15/19 and i go 80MPH IN 8860 RPM
    As for the measurment you must beging it from the buttom back.! Good luck!!

+1
    I personally messure from from the bottom of the blade not the center.

+1
    I believe my shop measured 2" in from the outside of all four blades and marked it with marker then used the same tool you have and spun the prop by hand inside the plastic sleeve to see where the marks were hitting then determined my 15/20r right out of the box was a 15/22 with a nasty trailing edge. Hey Branden let us know what the 1 degree did after testing. Maybe 200 rpm? Have to tame the beast somehow right?

+1
    well the added degree i put in dropped rpm roughly 200, but a lot of that could probably be attributed to weather as well. i did 78.9 today in pretty hot conditions but my rpm was ~8300 which is right where i wanted it because thursday we are set to have one nasty cold spell and i plan to go 80+ with a stock intercooler and stock boost wheel, im gunning for Gus!!! after that i will be doing a cam, and then i think i will venture to the dark side a try an open loop plate from Jim. I personally think 84ish might attainable on the px with out doing a boost wheel. there are some other tricks we are figuring out as well.

+1
    Get a 280# rider with very long arms and have him put his ass on the rear deck and ride a wheelie as fast as it can go. Should see 82+ with your current mods .

+1
    Also wondering how our "boxed up shitty tune with no logger" will react to a cam or bigger wheel etc.

+1
    I went back out in the garage and put my stock prop back in with the tips you guys gave me, looks like having the trailing edge side down flat and measuring i came up with 15 for the leading edge using the bottom of the blade. i see where they come up with 18 on the trialing edge the prop follows a 19 degree line using the bottom blade but the factory lips it up at the very tip to more like an 18. Im starting to think prop pitching is an art rather than a science. There are time i feel the prop could follow 2 angles and it becomes very difficult to differentiate the 2 sometimes

+1
    man i am going vtech the first chance i get to tell you the truth, i hate to say it but i wish i had gone vtech from the get go, i am very pleased with how the ski runs with a canned tune but i need a little more adjustability. I weigh 230 by the way lolm my fat ass does just enough of a wheelie hahah. overall i am happy the ski didnt caviate something fierce or do something dumb as that was my first time pitching a prop and it was a little nerve wracking bending my 300 dollar prop lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information