Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Went 80 mph this morning!

I finally did it, but before i get to excited i will be going back out tomorrow to back the number up as i was only able to hit it once today, all the rest were in the 79.7-9 range. My previous best before this was 79.4 and yesterday my Yamaha buddy (yes we hang out and even help each other ) tied it with a 79.4 as well on his fzr. I got up early this morning and put 5-6 gallons in it and hit the river, my first pull was 79.7 so i decided to head up river to burn some fuel off temps were in the low 60s so it was nice seadoo weather! I did several more 79.5, 79.7s and finally one was 79.92 and i think that was the worst case of blueballs ever right there. i was down to 3 bars at this point and the temp was starting to come up so i headed back down the river towards the ramp and really didnt think the ski was gonna give it up today but as i neared the ramp on zero bars which i hate doing i gave it one last pull which rewarded me with 80.3 at 8500 rpm (over my limiter again). I did take my air filter off (again with the help of my yamaha buddy) and we took the stock tubing that vents to the outside (underneath the red or in previous years yellow plastic) where the black vents are. So the blower had a straight shot right to the outside air which helps tremendously.

I did this with no intercooler, a stock cam, and a stock blower wheel. Gus was inspiration that this could be done (thanks Gus!)

I absolutely love this ski in every aspect except one. I have noticed that these seadoos are absolutely terrible in hot weather, to give you an example yesterday was in the mid 80s here and after i re pitched my prop the thing had a hard time hitting 76 yesterday and as it cooled of later in the day i did get to 78.9, but what im getting at is i can see damn near 5 mph swings depending on days. I have aabsolutelyno idea why the seadoos are this extreme as my yamaha buddies do not have this issue at all maybe a mph or two but nothing like mine. they will whoop my ass in the heat but its a different playing field when the temps get down in the 60s. i talked to chris over at east side Motorsports and he feels a lot of it has to do with the closed loop vs open loop. Anyways sorry for the long post lol

That and the intercooler.

+1
    i loose all mid range power in the heat the thing sucks for sure. I will be putting a fizzle in this thing soon. The i am going to try Chris' cam to see what i can get out of it.

Ya I have the fizzle setup and even though it's not 80 out anymore I was still able to tell. With the logger it doesn't get over 76 degrees for my intake temps. Even after a few long long long wide open pulls I lost no performance rpm never dropped fizzle intake was worth the money.

+1
    Do you pick up rpm with it too? I have heard way too many numbers, some say 100 some have said 300?

+1
    300 over a 215 Vortec IC(in mani). 100ish from the ext IC. There are a lot of variables

+1
    Imposter, I have a 14 rxpx260 if that helps.

+1
    Yaayyyyyyy!!!

9. +1 by:

+1
    it was tough man, that number has been tough to hit haha. Now there real fun begins

+1
    i just tore the ski apart and pitched the prop another degree, it is now a 14/23. im getting to the point where i can yank the pump setup out in 15 min or less haha. Here is how the prop came out of the ski this afternoon:

it came in around 22-22.5 give or take

here it is in the 20 degree mark for comparison:

Omar thanks for the tip about using the bottom of the blade it makes things a lot easier. I added another degree to the prop so she is a 14/23 so hopefully that keeps me off the limiter tomorrow.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information